TwinSpires has been one of the biggest players in gambling in the US for more than a decade, although you might have known it by its previous moniker, BetAmerica. Part of the Churchill Downs family, it became famous for its online racebook. Today, you can bet on much more than the Kentucky Derby with its prestigious sports betting site and mobile app that serves customers across the US.
After years of racetrack betting, TwinSpires expanded its operations with all types of sports betting in 2018. In 2021, it revamped its sites with a new look and improved navigation and functionality. Now, it is the whole package, with an attractive site, appealing bonuses and promotions, and no lack of betting options.
Our TwinSpires Online Sportsbook Review provides a comprehensive and honest examination of what bettors can expect from the operator. The editors at US Gaming Review have assembled and rated a list of the key factors that affect the online sports betting experience. The analysis and evaluation will help you decide whether this is the right sportsbook for you.
Read on to find out about TwinSpires sportsbook, its bonuses, promotions, and betting markets. We also go over everywhere the site is legal and how to download the mobile app and register for an account.
Your first impression of any bookmaker will be formed by its new player bonus offer. Fortunately, the TwinSpires Welcome Offer is a generous one that allows you to place your first bet without stressing over if you will win or lose. The welcome offer is not a deposit match like many other sites. Instead, you get a risk-free bet to cover your first wager.
TwinSpires $1000 Welcome Bonus
To benefit from the welcome offer, you need to sign up for a TwinSpires account for the first time in one of the legal states where it operates. You claim the bonus by registering, entering the promo code
FREE1000, depositing, and then placing a wager. If your bet loses, you then receive a free bet that is equal to the stake of your initial wager up to $1000.
There are a few terms and conditions to take note of in terms of the welcome bonus. Your initial wager needs to be a real money bet that does not have a profit or odds boost applied. The bet needs to be settled within seven days of creating your account for the offer to be valid. If you win, you get your winnings as usual. If you lose, the free bet is credited to your account within 72 hours of settling.
To claim the TwinSpires Online Sportsbook Welcome New Player Bonus, you need to be over 21 and to have verified your account. After entering the bonus code at the registration stage, you can deposit your desired amount and make your first bet. Remember, any stake up to $1000 will come back to you if you lose.
The bonus is awarded as site credits, which means it can only be spent at TwinSpires. If your free bet wins, you will not get your stake back but can withdraw your winnings immediately. If the bet loses, you will get a free bet that you have to use at the site, as it cannot be withdrawn. Once awarded, you have seven days to use the free bet.
How to claim the TwinSpires Bonus
- Click this sign-up link or the button on the right side of the page.
- Enter your details and the promo code
- Add the information required to verify your account and check that it has been confirmed.
- Make a deposit, and then add a real money wager to your bet slip. It should not have profit or odds boosts.
On the site, you can check out all of the promos that are available and see which ones you want to take advantage of. The different deals change based on the sports seasons, and you can usually find games and matches of the week with special rewards such as profits boosts and free bets.
The TwinSpires sports betting promotions are designed to help you explore various aspects of the site, such as parlays and live betting. Compared to other betting sites, the number of promotions is similar, although less varied.
Similar to the welcome bonus, you get a free bet to spend on TwinSpires instead of placing a wager in cash. The credits usually have set value and often have restrictions, such as an expiry date or a market when you can spend them.
At TwinSpires, using a free bet as a stake means it will not come back to you in your winnings. Plus, most offers are triggered by a qualifying bet, which will have minimum odds and specific markets, so make sure to check the terms and conditions. You can find those on the promotion page, which is also where you will need to opt in to receive the reward.
One example of a way TwinSpires gives out free bets is during the football season. If you bet $50 or more on live Thursday night football, then you receive a free bet for live betting on a Saturday night college football game.
This promotion means you get more of a payout than you would on other bets. You need to opt in to trigger the reward. The boost is given in a percentage. For example, when you use the parlay profit boost, the amount is determined by the number of legs in your selection. So, if you have three events in one bet, you might get 5% extra, but for eight legs, it could be 50%. Minimum odds and maximum bet amounts usually apply.
One of the most frequently seen TwinSpires Online Sportsbook Promos is parlay insurance. Find out more about parlays in the Bet Types section below. You can build your own parlay using the betting site’s Bet Builder and, if you want to reduce the risk, opt-in to an insurance offer.
At TwinSpires, you will likely see a multi-sport parlay insurance promotion. You will need to create a parlay with more than four legs from different sports without using the Bet Builder. If your parlay loses by one leg, you get your stake back up to $25.
Whenever you choose this type of promotion, be sure to opt-in, note the minimum odds, and check which markets are eligible, for example, live or pre-match bets.
Sport and Event-specific Promotions
TwinSpires plans the majority of its promotions around the sports that are happening that month. In October, you will see lots of football, soccer, and baseball. However, when a golf or tennis tournament starts, you can find special offers with free bets, boosts, and insurance just for those events.
Where It Is Legal
TwinSpires Online Sportsbook operates in:
- New Jersey
Here is some more information about TwinSpires online sports betting operations in each state:
- TwinSpires Arizona: One of the most recent additions to the TwinSpires empire, as sports betting only arrived in AZ in September 2021. There is no retail location, so Arizonians are limited to online sports and racebook betting. The site is partnered with Tonto Apache Nation and is licensed and regulated by the Arizona Department of Gaming.
- TwinSpires Colorado: CO players have access to the online sportsbook and racebook, as well as the retail location at Bronco Billy’s Casino in Cripple Creek. The land-based casino is also the partner for the operator in the state. TwinSpires Sports CO is licensed and regulated by the Colorado Gaming Division.
- TwinSpires Indiana: Currently, only online sports betting is legal in Indiana, so IN players can access TwinSpires racing and sportsbook, but not the casino. There is also the land-based partner casino, Rising Star Casino in Rising Sun. TwinSpires Sports IN is licensed and regulated by the Indiana Gaming Commission.
- TwinSpires Michigan: As a state that has legalized multiple forms of online gambling, MI has a TwinSpires sportsbook, racebook, and casino. The land-based partner is Island Resort and Casino in Harris. TwinSpires Casino MI and TwinSpires Sports MI are both licensed and regulated by the Michigan Gaming Control Board.
- TwinSpires New Jersey: TK
- TwinSpires Pennsylvania: The land-based partner in PA is the well-known Churchill Downs site Presque Isle Downs and Casino, where the complex has a casino, retail sportsbook, and a racetrack. The online offering for players in the state is similar, as you will find an online sportsbook, casino, and racebook. TwinSpires Casino PA and TwinSpires Sports PA are both licensed and regulated by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
- TwinSpires Tennessee: TwinSpires joined the Tennessee online gambling market in 2021. There are no retail locations or land-based casinos, which means no partner. However, You can bet online at the sportsbook and racebook, which are licensed and regulated by the Tennessee Sports Wagering Advisory Council (SWAC).
Now that you know more about TwinSpires’ online sports betting site, you may want to create an account and get started placing bets on this popular site. Here are the steps to take to sign up with the sportsbook:
- Follow the Link to Register: Once you click this link or the button on the right side of this review, it will launch the registration page. The geolocation software will determine which site is right for you.
- Create an Account: Enter your first and last name, phone number, and email address. At the bottom of the screen, add the promo code
FREE1000to add the $1000 risk-free bet welcome bonus.
- Verify Your Identity: To verify your identity, move on to the next step, where you will add your mailing address, date of birth, and the last four digits of your social security number.
- Once you submit, TwinSpires will check the information and confirm verification. If verification has not been possible, review your entries to ensure they are correct.
- If your details are correct, you may need to support the verification process by uploading documents. That could include scanned copies or digital photographs of government-issued photo ID or your social security card (SSC).
- Download the App: Follow this link to download and install the TwinSpires app on your mobile. Once you click it, it will determine the appropriate download for your device.
- Make a Deposit: From your account, visit the ‘My Funds’ page, choose a payment method and enter your preferred amount. The minimum is $1, depending on which method you choose.
- Register for Bonuses: When you entered the promo code, you took the first step to claim your bonus. The next part is to place a bet and wait for the outcome. It needs to be settled in seven days to qualify.
Players must be 21 or older to create a sportsbook account. If you have already signed up to bet on horse racing, you might need to register again to play at the sportsbook and casino, due to regulations.
It is not necessary to be in the state where you bet when you sign up for an account. The site is accessible from other locations, meaning you can sign up, browse the site, view the odds, deposit, and withdraw funds. However, you have to be within the state in order to make wagers at the sportsbook, even though you do not have to be a state resident.
You can use the online sign-up process to create an account at a TwinSpires Sportsbook. TwinSpires works in the same way as many other betting sites. They know where you are when you visit the site by using geolocation technology.
Just as GPS helps you plan directions when using maps, this technology uses your device to determine where you are. All you need to do is enable location services when using the app or visiting the site.
You do not need to be at home in front of your computer to get the TwinSpires sports betting experience. You can enjoy the same features that are available on the desktop site on the TwinSpires Mobile Sportsbook App and place bets on the go. The mobile app gives you all the things the desktop version offers but on your mobile device.
This app is responsive and prioritizes the most important content: the games and odds, by placing it in the middle of the screen. There are not too many menus and other buttons to distract you.
You can get to the homepage, live betting, the full sports list, and your bet slip from the bottom navigation bar. Once you click on a selection, new menus and page options open up, allowing you to explore.
Placing a bet can be done in a few taps and could not be simpler. You can also view your bets, check out the latest offers, access your account, or manage your funds from the app. The Live Betting section is particularly attractive, with the option to track games, view scores, and check out stats as the action progresses.
As an alternative, the TwinSpires Website works on all devices through the mobile browser. There are some small differences between the mobile and desktop experiences, but overall, you can expect the same quality.
We recommend downloading the app to get the most from the odds boosts and easy-to-scroll bet markets. The TwinSpires app can be accessed from iOS and Android devices. Either follow the links on this page”:/go/grtwinspires-sports or click the ‘Join Now’ button to download the application.
- Availability: The app is optimized and works well for iOS and Android users; you can sign up there or log in with existing account details.
- Overall performance: The app runs smoothly on both operating systems.
- Speed: If your device is running iOS 12.1 or Android 5.0 or later, then the app should run quickly and with minimal lag.
- Markets: You get access to all of the sports and bet types, with enough variety to please any type of sports fan.
- Live betting: You can bet on live games through the app as well as get notifications of scores of events as the odds change.
- Bet slip: You can tap the bet slip icon in the bottom corner to check your bets or tap the odds of a selection to add it.
- General layout: The pages are not too crowded — you can view the odds and access different pages from the menu at the bottom of the screen.
- Cashier: Making deposits and withdrawals is straightforward and secure.
TwinSpires Online Sportsbook provides plenty of fun and interesting ways to make wagers. Every sport has multiple ways for you to put your knowledge to the test. You can play to your strengths, follow your favorite teams, or choose markets based on the best value odds.
Whatever you want to bet on in a sports event, you are likely to find it among the various bet types at TwinSpires:
- Parlays: The odds are combined in parlay bets to maximize potential winnings, although they must all be successful for you to win. You need to add more than one bet selection to your bet slip or use the Bet Builder to compile several legs into one wager.
- Futures: Betting on the future outcome of an event, such as betting on who will win the Super Bowl months in advance.
- Money lines: The most common bet type where you predict the winner of an event with inflated odds to indicate the favorite and the underdog.
- Spreads: Similar to money lines but adjusted by the bookmaker, you predict who will win, but to be successful, they will need to do so by the margin set by the bookmaker. It is a handicap bet where the favorite will be giving points, and the underdog will be getting them.
- Totals: These bets involve you predicting whether the score will be over or under a certain amount of points or goals scored in a game or match.
- Round Robins: It is a way of adding different parlays to your bet slip that covers various combinations.
- Props: Instead of predicting who will win, you predict whether particular actions will take place in a match or sports event. A prop bet has nothing to do with the overall outcome of the event.
The bet types vary for each sport, which means it is best to explore a selection to find the full range. Once you click on an event, you can see all of the betting markets available for it. From there, you can click on the odds to add a wager to your bet slip, then all that is left is to enter your stake.
Live Betting has different markets that you will not find in the pre-match sections. Here, you wager on live or upcoming events. The bet types and odds are influenced by the score and the action of the game and are updated as it unfolds. Often, the wagers are specific outcomes and immediate events, such as the next to score, what will happen in the following quarter, or the next set winner.
Live betting also gives you access to live streaming, albeit mostly for horse racing, statistics, and animated coverage, which keeps you informed of the event’s progress so you can adjust your bets accordingly. It is exactly what you expect from an experienced operator that is part of Churchill Downs. Try it for yourself to get the full experience.
TwinSpires Online Sportsbook has many sports to bet on, including:
- Aussie Rules
For the major sports like basketball, hockey, football, and soccer, to name a few, there will be many more betting markets available Niche sports like cycling, cricket, MMA have fewer options. Of course, if you like horse racing, you can visit the dedicated TwinSpires Racebook.
At TwinSpires online sportsbook, you can choose from various deposit options and a smaller selection of withdrawal methods. Most options are fast and convenient to use. It is a good idea to ensure that you have completed account verification to prevent any transaction delays.
TwinSpires provides the following payment methods:
- Online banking
- Play+ prepaid card
For withdrawals, you should choose the same option as you used to make a deposit if possible. The available methods are:
- Online banking
- Play+ prepaid card
How to Withdraw Money
To make a withdrawal from TwinSpires, you can do so online, over the phone, or at some retail locations. The online procedure includes these steps:
- Visit your account by clicking the profile icon.
- Choose ‘My Funds’ from the menu, then select ‘Withdraw.’
- Select your payment method, enter the amount and confirm.
When you play at an online sportsbook you want to be well taken care of, which is why in this TwinSpires Online Sports Betting Review, we also evaluate their customer support. At first glance, the support options are not obvious. However, you will see the blue support bubble that is always at the bottom corner of the desktop site. It leads you to live chat, which is available 24/7.
If you do not need to speak to someone, you can try finding the answer to your query through the FAQ section, which covers location services, how to bet, payment options, and more. Alternatively, you can use the “Contact Us” page to send an email or speak to someone over the phone between 9 am and 2 am EST.
What do I do if I have trouble registering at TwinSpires Sportsbook?
If you have trouble creating an account at TwinSpires, your best option is to contact customer support via live chat, as you will get a response within minutes. If you already have an account for racing, you might still need a new one to access the sportsbook.
The issue could be connected to identity verification, in which case, check whether you need to upload additional documentation and if you have already done so, speak to customer support for more guidance.
What do I do if I have trouble depositing at TwinSpires Sportsbook?
If you have an issue with your deposit, check to see if you have received any error messages. If you have, make sure that all of the details that you have added are correct and that you are using a payment method registered to you. If you continue to have issues and the money has not left your account, try an alternative method. If using a credit or debit card, you might also check with the bank to make sure they are not blocking the transaction, as some banks will do so.
Another common issue is that you have not verified your identity before you deposit. Check your account status, and add any documents as required. If that does not resolve the issue, contact customer support at TwinSpires.
In which states can I bet on the TwinSpires Sportsbook app?
Can I withdraw from TwinSpires Sportsbook after I leave the state?
Yes, you can make a withdrawal even if you change your location to a state where TwinSpires does not operate. The one action that you cannot take is placing a bet while out of the states where TwinSpires runs a sportsbook.
Can I register at TwinSpires Sportsbook from another state?
Yes. You can sign up at TwinSpires from another state. It is also worth noting that you do not need to be a state resident to use the site. However, you cannot place bets from states where TwinSpires does not operate.
Is TwinSpires Sportsbook legal in Canada?
No. Canada is currently changing its laws concerning online sportsbooks, which means operators like TwinSpires might run operations in some Canadian states in the future. However, at present, TwinSpires is only available in certain US locations.
Bet365 finally launches in CO. Fubo Sportsbook does the same in NJ. Meanwhile, SI Sportsbook replaces TwinSpires in MI, and Hard Rock Sportsbook goes live in IN and TN.
Market access for online sports betting in nine US states could be up for grabs, as CDI lays out plans to keep retail TwinSpires Sportsbooks operational in at least five states.
Operator is “in the process of closing down” operations in Arizona, Michigan, & Pennsylvania. Previous shutdowns show players will have about one month to withdraw their funds.
TwinSpires was one of the smallest operators in both verticals. Parent company Churchill Downs Incorporated to sell market access rights, creating “interesting” opportunities for other operators.
New regulator approves Fubo, bringing the number of online sportsboks to ten in Tennessee. Company says it is preparing to launch in TN and several other US states.
January was second-highest month for IN sports betting revenue at $35.6 million. Queen of Terre Haute Casino Resort also moving forward.