Louisiana has followed in the footsteps of many other states and recently changed its gambling laws. Bettors in LA can now place wagers on sports events. Many sportsbooks are forming partnerships with the land based casinos in the state to set up their retail and online operations.
The Louisiana Gaming Control Board has implemented regulations and is reviewing license applications in a process that ensures all new gambling sites are 100% legal and safe. Here on our site, you can find thorough and transparent reviews that help you choose a trustworthy online gambling site to suit your needs.
It is in the early days of the launch of sports betting in Louisiana, which means there are lots of developments occurring. Read on for our updates on the state’s online gambling industry and what to expect from a legitimate operator.
- Big risk-free bet
- Best promotions
- Great mobile app
- Solid welcome offer
- Good odds boosts
- Quality betting app
- Famous brand
- Quality mobile app
- Variety of betting options
Types of Legal Online Gambling in Louisiana
Online sportsbooks, pari-mutuel horse racing, and daily fantasy sports are the only forms of legal online gambling in Louisiana.
Louisiana legalized online sports betting in 2021. The process began with a referendum in 2020, and parishes voted in the November 2020 election. 55 of the 64 parishes approved, and several bills were passed during the first half of 2021 to make sports betting legal in those locations.
The first retail sportsbooks were launched in October 2021, and the online launches are imminent. The Louisiana Gaming Control Board is reviewing applications and handing out licenses. Players registering at these sportsbooks must be located within one of the 55 parishes that legalized sports betting must be 21 or older.
Retail sportsbooks connected to tribal casinos and racinos are already active, and several operators are offering online pre-launch offers, including:
- FanDuel Sportsbook
- DraftKings Sportsbook
- Caesars Sportsbook
- BetMGM Sportsbook
- BetFred Sportsbook
- Barstool Sportsbook
- Golden Nugget Sportsbook
- WynnBet Sportsbook
Online gambling at casinos remains illegal in Louisiana. It was not included in the recent legislation, and a bill to consider the practical aspects of regulation from 2018 has been shelved.
Daily Fantasy Sports
A vote that saw 47 of the 64 parishes approve daily fantasy sports betting paved the way for legal online DFS wagering in Louisiana in 2018. However, there were delays in the legal process, which meant that the bill regarding taxes was not passed until 2020 and the first licenses issued by the Louisiana Gaming Control Board in 2021. Two licensed operators currently offer fantasy sports.
Online poker, like online casinos, is still illegal in Louisiana. It was not included in the recent bill, so players will have to wait to see if lawmakers push forward with an online gambling bill that includes poker.
Why Choose a Legal Louisiana Online Gaming Site?
You can pre-register at an online sportsbook in Louisiana. However, it is essential to pick a licensed Louisiana online gaming site. They are regulated and held to specific quality and fairness standards by the state authority. As the license issuer and regulator, the Louisiana Gaming Control Board takes steps to ensure that sites are safe, fair, and legal. An offshore site might adhere to different standards or might not be overseen by a regulator at all.
Louisiana authorities have established a set of rules for sportsbooks, and they must demonstrate that they will follow them to obtain and maintain their license. Some of the standards they must meet include providing fair and clear odds and having reasonable and not misleading terms and conditions for promotions. They must also have policies in place to address account security, withdrawals, responsible gambling, and disputes.
Another advantage of playing at a legal Louisiana gambling site instead of an offshore or unlicensed operator is the use of responsible gambling tools. A regulated sportsbook commits to responsible gambling by providing information, support links, and user controls. By making responsible gambling prominent, licensed Louisiana betting sites deliver safe, fun, and enjoyable gaming experiences.
When you choose to bet at licensed online sportsbooks, your activity also benefits the community. Licensed operators create jobs, which helps support the local economy. They also pay specific gambling taxes that contribute to important community projects, such as tourism, education, and law enforcement.
How to Know If a Louisiana Online Gambling Site Is Legal, Regulated, and Safe
Before you sign up for an account, we recommend looking for these signs that show that an online gambling site is legal in Louisiana.
- Gambling Regulator License: The footer at the bottom of the operator’s website holds crucial information. The primary thing to look for is a mention of a license from the Louisiana Gaming Control Board; it could be in the form of a seal or some text with the license number.
- Physical Casino Partner: To have launched an online operation, a sportsbook needs to partner with a brick-and-mortar casino, which in Louisiana means a tribal casino, a riverboat casino, a racino, or the state lottery. You should be able to find the casino’s logo or name next to the sportsbook brand or in the footer.
- Legal Jurisdictions: Now that online gambling is legal in quite a few states, there are operators that provide services in several locations. When you register for an account, ensure that you are provided with a list of legal jurisdictions to choose, and select Louisiana. It will get you the correct offers and products for your location and also help geolocation services check you can legally play there being physically located in the state.
- US Headquarters: The Louisiana Gaming Control Board will be looking for applications from operators with a base in the US, as they need to be held accountable to the country’s taxes and laws. A site based overseas might be operating outside the law and not paying into the system.
- Customer Service Options: To build a loyal customer base, Louisiana operators will need to guide and serve their users. A reputable site will have a help center, plus contact methods that enable fast and professional responses to any type of an issue a player may have.
- Reputable Name: If a sportsbook is going to obtain a license, it needs to have proven that it can be stable in terms of offering a service, looking after its finances, and protecting customers. For that reason, you should look for a recognizable name when choosing a site. Louisiana has some of the biggest brands in the industry about to launch. If you are unsure, check for reviews to determine if an unfamiliar brand is legitimate.
- Fair Terms and Conditions: The footer of an online gambling site is also a good place to look for the terms and conditions. Licensed sites will have deposit and withdrawal policies, bonus terms, as well as details about how they use and store your information. The Louisiana Gaming Control Board regulates operators to ensure they are transparent, fair and do not display false or misleading information.
Important Information When Choosing an Online Gambling Site in Louisiana
Once you have established that a Louisiana site is legal, you will want to consider other features to help you choose a solid one. Many offer the same service in terms of payment options, responsible gambling, and security, which means value and user experience can be the deciding factors. Here are five key aspects that will help you make the right choice.
The main way the top gambling sites can offer value to their customers is through welcome bonuses. They could include a deposit match or a free bet. Either way, they provide new users with funds to use to explore the site, which is an excellent way to start your sports betting experience. You might also see risk-free bets, which are a type of insurance that covers you if your initial wager is a losing one.
It is not enough for a bonus to be generous. It should also be fair and attainable. You can check if an offer is reasonable by looking at the minimum deposit, expiry date, wagering requirements, and any restrictions mentioned in the terms and conditions.
A welcome bonus is a one-time opportunity to get value, so it should be complemented by a range of regular promotions. They come in many different forms but should be available over the weeks and months with new opportunities to claim. Checking the promotions page is a fantastic way to determine whether a site offers the value that you want.
The types of promotions to look out for are reload bonuses, free bets, leaderboards, bet insurance, and cashback. If a big event like the Super Bowl or the NBA Finals is coming up, you can expect unique offers for a limited time, which could include odds boosts or extra payout percentages. We know that promotions have a significant impact on your betting experience, so we review the types of offers that each operator has.
There is another way that you can look for value over the long term, and that is through rewards programs. Most sportsbooks have rewards programs that recognize loyalty. It means it is accessible to all players who sign up and the more you wager, the more benefits you will receive.
Typically, you earn points for every bet you make. Points have two purposes; they can be redeemed for things such as site credit, cash, or exclusive bonuses, and they set your status, which gives you access to different perks the higher your status is in the program Online gambling sites tend to have loyalty or VIP sections where you can find out how to participate, what the different tiers are, and which benefits to expect.
Every operator in the industry understands that customers want to access the betting action from their mobile devices as well as from their desktop. The best sportsbooks make sure that the mobile user experience is superb; however you view the odds. You will want a site where you can quickly and conveniently access all your account features from your mobile device. That usually means through a dedicated app or a well-optimized version accessible through your mobile browser.
Factors to consider are whether mobile betting allows you to claim bonuses, bet, and make deposits and withdraw just as you would on the desktop site. Visiting the site before registering means you can check whether it has an app and which operating systems are compatible.
For the best user experience, operators need to keep customers entertained. For sportsbooks, that means delivering a wide variety of sports markets, events, and games. Not only should you be able to find the bet types you want, but the odds should offer good value.
Having up-to-date odds is only the start. For a smooth experience, the latest odds should be easy to find, view, and add to your bet slip. Another great way to add variety is for a betting site to have an in-play section. You will be able to make short-term predictions while the game is live and even be able to follow along in a live stream, which most sportsbooks offer.
Gaming Regulator Information
The Louisiana Gaming Control Board (LGCB) is responsible for licensing and regulating the state’s online gambling sites. The organization has several responsibilities, including:
- Legitimacy and fairness – it reviews license applications and practices to ensure that sites are secure, have fair odds and terms, and that customers’ details and finances are protected. It also makes sure that operators are financially stable to provide services and guarantee payouts in the long term.
- Accountability – the LGCB holds operators accountable by acting as an independent body for patron disputes. It checks that proper resolution measures and complaints procedures are in place and will act to mediate issues on behalf of a customer as appropriate.
- Responsible gaming measures – there are two sides to the responsible gaming actions of the regulator. The LGCB operates its own resources to support those in the state and identify problem gambling. It also sets standards for sites to provide the necessary tools and user controls.
- Community benefits – the LGCB oversees licensed sites and that they know their commitments in terms of gambling taxes. Those taxes go towards gambling support, as well as other community programs, like education programs.
History of Online Gambling Legislation
Online gambling began with the vote for daily fantasy sports in 2018. However, online activities weren’t available until 2021. The votes for sports betting took place in 2020, and several bills were passed in 2021 to help make it a reality. At present, it looks likely that the first online sportsbooks will join DFS online in Louisiana when they launch in January 2022.
In-person gambling has a much longer history in the state. The first governance casino was opened by Governor Louis Billouart de Kerrlerac in the 18th Century. It is thought that the popularity of roulette grew thanks to its spread from the French-speaking part of the state after the Louisiana Purchase.
Much later, casinos began to operate following specific guidelines and were either on riverboats, tribal land, or at race tracks. Horse racing betting is legal at the track, off-track facilities, and online. The activity is overseen by the Louisiana State Racing Commission, which was created in 1940.
Responsible Gaming Resources in Louisiana
The Louisiana Gaming Control Board expects gambling sites to signpost and provide responsible gaming resources. The aim is to avoid problem gambling, protect minors, and ensure experiences remain casual and fun. Regulated operators should:
- Check and confirm a player’s date of birth so that only users aged 21 and over are accepted.
- Allow users set their own betting limits, including deposits and wager amounts.
- Provide flexible options so players can take breaks or self-exclude
- Never accept players who are on the Louisiana Gaming Control Board self-exclusion list.
- Give back to the community by supporting the economy and local projects.
- Support the state’s official problem gambling services
- Put in place adequate safety measures to protect users’ information.
A big advantage of legalized and regulated gambling is that it provides several ways to give back to the state’s communities. Tax income from physical casinos, racetracks, and retail sportsbooks are already contributing significantly through local employment and tax income. Online sportsbooks will increase the revenue for the state’s general fund and for local authorities.
Part of the gambling tax income will go towards support for problem gambling. It is expected that some will also be used for other social welfare initiatives, especially education. The operator tax rate for in-person bets at retail sportsbooks is 10%, and online and mobile bets are 15%.
Gambling Limit Tools
Online gambling is a form of entertainment. Whether you win or lose, bettors should enjoy the process. Gambling can be addictive, which is why Louisiana gambling sites give players access to certain measures to help keep the experience fun and not harmful. The types of tools include:
- Deposit Limits: Bettors decide the maximum amount that they can add to their account.
- Bet Limits: More than controlling how much you have in your account, these limits set out how much you can wager at any one time.
- Time Limits: These limits allow players to set how long they spend on the site or might also block you from logging in repeatedly or using your account at a particular time.
- Time Alerts: These handy alerts help bettors track how much time they have spent at a site. They pop up as reminders so you can know when you have had enough.
- Self-Exclusions: Exclusion options let you block your access to your account for a set time such as weeks, months, or a year. Alternatively, you can add yourself to the Louisiana State Police self-exclusion list to block access to all sportsbooks for one or five years or for life.
Responsible Gambling Resources
Tools are a helpful start to avoid gambling addictions. It also helps to understand what problem gambling looks like and to have support from others. The Louisiana Gaming Control Board makes sure that regulated sites provide information about support options and how to spot problem gambling.
The support options for problem gambling in Louisiana include:
- Louisiana Department of Health (LDH): The LDH provides free resources for Louisiana citizens. There is an e-screener, as well as a list of signs and symptoms to help you spot a problem. You can also call the Louisiana Problem Gamblers Helpline on 1-877-770-STOP (7867) for confidential support and advice.
- Louisiana Association on Compulsive Gambling: A state organization that offers support via its helpline 1-877-770-7867. You can get in touch via phone, text, chat, and email, and it also provides residential treatment options.
- State-Wide Self-Exclusion: By submitting a form to the Louisiana State Police, you can exclude yourself from all gambling outlets in the state.
- National Problem Gambling Helpline (NPGH): The NPGH helpline is 1-800-522-4700, or you can visit the website to access chat help and other guidance.
- Gamblers Anonymous: This peer support network operates across the US and has meetings in Louisiana. You can find the time and location of a local meeting from the GA website.
Land-based Gambling Available in Louisiana
Louisiana has 134 casinos, which are a mix of commercial, racinos, riverboats, and tribal operations. The tribal casinos, 20 commercial casinos, and the state lottery can also obtain licenses to run retail and online sportsbooks.
Here is the complete list of casinos in Louisiana.
- Belle of Baton Rouge Casino Hotel 102 France St, Baton Rouge, 70802
- 415 South Casino -940 S Lobdell Hwy, Port Allen, 70767
- Ace High Club 552 N Saizon St, Port Barre, 70577
- Amelia Belle Casino 500 Lake Palourde Rd, Amelia, 70340
- Amite Truck Plaza & Casino 30036 LA-16, Amite, 70442
- Atchafalaya Gold Casino 2996 Grand Point Hwy, Breaux Bridge, 70517
- Bebo’s Casino 2938 LA-38, Kentwood, 70444
- Beno’s Casino and Motel 1178 Clover Hill Rd, St Martinville, 70582
- Boomtown Casino Hotel Bossier City 300 Riverside Dr, Bossier City, 71111
- Boomtown New Orleans 4132 Peters Rd, Harvey, 70058
- Boutte Fair Grounds OTB Casino 12715 US-90 Suite 145, Luling, 70070
- Cajun Country Casino Travel Plaza 2639 LA-182, Raceland, 70394
- Carnival Club Casino New Orleans 2401 Elysian Fields Ave, New Orleans, 70117
- Cash Magic Bayou Vista 1829 US-90, Morgan City, Bayou Vista, 70380
- Cash Magic Breaux Bridge 1869 W Mills Ave, Breaux Bridge, 70517
- Cash Magic Broussard North 1144 Evangeline Thruway, Broussard, 70518
- Cash Magic Broussard South 1050 Baker, Hughes Rd, Broussard, 70518
- Cash Magic Casino Vivian 14347 LA-1, Vivian, 71082
- Cash Magic Eunice 3747 US-190, Eunice, 70535
- Cash Magic Houma 1541 Grand Caillou Rd, Houma, 70363
- Cash Magic Lake Charles 108 LA-397, Lake Charles, 70615
- Cash Magic Larose 11825 LA, 308 Larose, 70370
- Cash Magic Lucky Magnolia 52396 LA-16, Denham Springs, 70706
- Cash Magic Prospect Station 1444 Prospect Blvd., Houma, 70363
- Cash Magic Raceland 109 S Service Rd, Raceland, 70394
- Cash Magic Shreveport 1324 N Market St, Shreveport, 71107
- Cash Magic Silver Fox 40249 LA-16, 16 Denham Springs, 70706
- Cash Magic Springhill 1011 N Arkansas St, Springhill, 71075
- Cash Magic St. Helena 30139 LA-16, 16 Amite, 70442
- Cash Magic Texas Pelican 2213 N Old Hwy 90, Vinton, 70668
- Cash Magic Thibodaux 213 W Park Ave, Thibodaux, 70301
- Cash Magic Vinton 2334 LA-109, Vinton, 70668
- Cash Magic Westbank 7340 Westbank Expy #200, Marrero, 70072
- Cash Magic Winner’s Choice 2654 LA-108, Sulphur, 70665
- Cash’s Truck Plaza 420 N Lobdell Hwy, Port Allen, 70767
- Coushatta Casino Resort 777 Coushatta Dr, Kinder, 70648
- Covington Fair Grounds OTB Casino 1 Hollycrest Blvd, Covington, 70433
- Crescent City Casino 5000 Old Gentilly Rd, New Orleans, 70126
- Crowley Truck Stop Casino 9002 LA-13, Crowley, 70526
- Cypress Bayou Casino Hotel 832 Martin Luther King Rd, Charenton, LA 70523
- Delta Downs Racetrack & Casino 2717 Delta Downs Dr, Vinton, 70668
- Diamond Jacks Casino & Hotel Bossier City 711 Diamond Jacks Blvd, Bossier City, 71111
- Diamond Jim’s Casino 2573 LA-1, Thibodaux, 70301
- Eldorado Resort Casino Shreveport 451 Clyde Fant Pkwy, Shreveport, 71101
- Elmwood Fair Grounds OTB Casino 5428 Citrus Blvd, Harahan, 70123
- Emerald Palace Casino 321 N Lobdell Hwy, Port Allen, 70767
- Evangeline Downs Racetrack & Casino 2235 Creswell Ln, Opelousas, 70570
- Fair Grounds 1751 Gentilly Blvd, New Orleans, 70119
- Forest Gold Truck Plaza and Casino 30096 LA-16, Amite, LA 70422
- Galliano Truck Plaza and Casino 16816 LA-3235, Cut Off, 70345
- Gator Gold Casino 227 US-167, Opelousas, 70570
- Gator’s Den Port Allen 751 S Lobdell Hwy, Port Allen, 70767
- GoBears Pelican Truck Plaza Chevron 18513 LA-3235, Galliano, 70354
- Gold Mine Casino 7303 E Texas St, Bossier City, 71111
- Golden Nugget Lake Charles 2550 Golden Nugget Blvd., Lake Charles, 70601
- Grand Bayou Casino 17545 Sidney Rd, Grosse Tete, LA 70740
- Grand Point Grand Casino 3415 LA-3125, Paulina, 70763
- Gretna Fair Grounds OTB Casino 64A Westbank Expy, Gretna, 70053
- Harrah’s Louisiana Downs 8000 E Texas St, Bossier City, 71111
- Harrah’s 228 Poydras Street, New Orleans, 70130
- High Rollers Casino and Niftie Fifties Café 9730 E Main St, Houma, 70363
- Hollywood Casino Baton Rouge 1717 River Road North, Baton Rouge, 70802
- Hollywood Plaza Casino 2051 US-90, Berwick, 70342
- Horseshoe Bossier City 711 Horseshoe Blvd, Bossier City, 71111
- Houma Fair Grounds OTB Casino 111 Moss Ln, Houma, 70360
- I 49 Truck Stop and Gold Rush Casino 8412 I-49 Frontage Rd, Opelousas, 70570
- Igor’s Lounge & Gameroom 2133 St Charles Ave, New Orleans, 70130
- Isle of Capri Casino Hotel Lake Charles 100 Westlake Ave, Westlake, 70669
- Jackpot Junction Casino 4314 LA-27, Sulphur, 70665
- Jena Choctaw Pines Casino 149 Chahta Trails, Dry Prong, 71423
- Jennings Truck Stop Casino 1919 Evangeline Rd, Jennings, 70546
- Jesters Junction Casino 29285 LA-3127, Vacherie, LA 70090
- Jubilee Truck Stop Casino 305 LA-20, Schriever, LA 70395
- Kenner Airport Casino 185 W Airline Hwy, Kenner, 70062
- Kenner Fair Grounds OTB Casino 1700 Joe Yenni Blvd, Kenner, 70065
- King’s Palace Casino 2500 Broad St, Lake Charles, 70601
- L`Auberge Casino Resort 777 L`Auberge Avenue, Baton Rouge, 70820
- L’auberge Casino Resort Lake Charles 777 Ave L’Auberge, Lake Charles, 70601
- LA 1 South Casino & Truck Stop 3195 Hwy 1 S, Port Allen, LA 70767
- LaPlace Fair Grounds OTB Casino 164 Belle Terre Blvd, Laplace, LA 70068
- LJ’s Casino 8012 LA-1, Mansura, LA 71350
- Longwood Casino 3502 Greenwood Mooringsport Rd, Mooringsport, 71060
- Lott’s O’ Luck Casino 83-A Cut-Off Rd, Coushatta, 71019
- Love’s Casino 9600 US-80, Greenwood, 71033
- Lucky Deuces Casino 3002 Daulaut Dr, Duson, 70529
- Lucky Dollar Casino Broussard 1040 Baker Hughes Rd, Broussard, 70518
- Lucky Dollar Casino Gramercy 964 LA-3125, Gramercy, LA 70052
- Lucky Dollar Casino Greenburg 5869 LA-10, Greensburg, LA 70441
- Lucky Dollar Casino Port Allen 3053 N Lobdell Hwy, Port Allen, 70767
- Lucky Longhorn Casino 2363 LA-109, Vinton, 70668
- Lucky Star Casino St. James 10560 LA-70, St James, 70086
- Lucky Star Casino Thibodaux 103 E Bayou Rd, Thibodaux, 70301
- Mardi Gras Truck Stop 2411 Elysian Fields Ave, New Orleans, 70117
- Margaritaville 777 Margaritaville Way, Bossier City, 71111
- Metairie Fair Grounds OTB Casino 2700 Edenborn Ave, Metairie, LA 70002
- Miss Mamie’s Casino Duson 257 Austria Rd, Duson, 70529
- Miss Mamie’s Casino Henderson 3003 Grand Point Hwy, Breaux Bridge, 70517
- Miss Mamie’s Casino Rayne 1044 Church Point Hwy, Rayne, 70578
- Moni Carlo Fuel Stop and Casino 5353 W Airline Hwy, Garyville, LA 70051
- Nino’s Casino 123 N Lobdell Hwy, Port Allen, 70767
- Palace Truck Stop and Casino 12170 Old Gentilly Rd, New Orleans, 70129
- Paradise Casino 2101 Paris Rd, New Orleans, 70129
- Paragon Casino Resort 711 Paragon Pl, Marksville, 71351
- Plantation Truck Plaza and Casino 5418 LA–311, Houma, 70360
- Players Paradise Casino 1401 Northwest Blvd, Franklin, 70538
- Presto Casino and Fuel Center 1556 US-90, Raceland, 70394
- Quick Draw Truck Stop and Casino 1703 State Rte 531, Minden, 71055
- Races and Aces Henderson 2939 Grand Point Hwy, Breaux Bridge, 70517
- Red River Casino 7980 Barksdale Blvd, Bossier City, 71112
- Reserve Truck and Casino 4450 W Airline Hwy, Reserve, 70084
- River Parish Truck Stop Casino 1173 W Airline Hwy, Laplace, 70068
- River’s Palace Casino 3901 W Airline Hwy, Reserve, 70084
- Royal Palace Casino 504 N Beglis Pkwy, Sulphur, 70663
- Sam’s Town Hotel & Casino 315 Clyde Fant Parkway, Shreveport, 71101
- Silver’s Travel Center Casino 2247 Rees St Ext, Breaux Bridge, 70517
- Spanish Lake Casino and Travel Center 1907 W Old Spanish Trail, New Iberia, 70560
- Square Deal Casino 12091 LA-70, Convent, 70723
- St. Martin Truck and Casino Plaza 1339 SE Evangeline Thruway, Broussard, 70518
- St. Rose Pilot Travel Center Casino 10405 Airline Drive, St Rose, 70087
- Stark’s Silver Dollar Casino 4346 LA-12, Starks, 70661
- Sulphur Truck Stop Casino 2510 Cities Service Hwy, Sulphur, 70665
- Sunshine Casino and Truck Plaza 10433 LA-70, St James, 70086
- Tall Timbers Truck Stop and Casino 30364 LA-16, Amite, 70422
- Terrebonne Truck Stop and Casino 4067 W Park Ave, Gray, 70359
- The Big Deal Truck Stop Casino 5107 W Park Ave, Houma, 70364
- The Big Easy Casino 1025 Smede Highway, Broussard, 70518
- The Palms Casino & Truck Stop 8001 West Saint Bernard Hwy, Arabi, 70043
- The Quarters Travel Plaza and Casino 165 LA-744, Opelousas, 70570
- Thibodaux Fair Grounds OTB Casino 1766 Canal Blvd, Thibodaux, 70301
- Treasure Chest Casino 5050 Williams Blvd., Kenner, 70065
- Wagin’ Cajun Casino 400 Austria Rd, Duson, 70529
- Wagin Cajun Valero Gas Station 2706 S Beglis Pkwy # B, Sulphur, 70665
- Westwego Fair Grounds OTB Casino 800 Westbank Expy, Westwego, 70094
- Whispering Pines Plaza and Casino 325 Louisiana Hwy 10, Greensburg, 70441
Is online gambling legal in Louisiana?
Yes, daily fantasy sports and online sports betting are legal in Louisiana. For both types of online gambling, votes were held, and only certain parishes approved the activity. That means you need to be located in one of the approved 47 parishes for DFS and one of 54 for sports betting.
What types of online gambling are legal in Louisiana?
Only online sportsbooks and daily fantasy sports are legal in Louisiana. There have been attempts to pass a bill to legalize online poker and online casinos, but they have not been successful, so these activities remain illegal.
Can I use my Louisiana online gaming accounts in other states?
If the sportsbook or DFS site you use also operates in other states, then you might be able to access your account there and use a different version of the site. Otherwise, you will be able to access your account to browse odds, deposit, and withdraw, but you will not be able to place a bet.
I’m traveling to Louisiana. Can I set up my account before I arrive?
Yes. You can sign up for a DFS account or pre-register for a sportsbook before you travel. We recommend doing so, as it can save you time and it is easier to find your identity documents and the right information when at home instead of on the road.
Can I play on Louisiana online gambling sites if I am just visiting the state?
Yes, anyone can create an account for an online betting site in Louisiana. You do not need to be a resident of the state. However, you might not be able to bet again unless you are in Louisiana or are in a state where the site is legal and operates.
What is the minimum age to gamble online in Louisiana?
You need to be at least 21 to gamble online in Louisiana. When you register online, the site will ask you to confirm you are old enough to play; plus, you will need to input your date of birth and the last four digits of your SSN.