BetMGM is one of the most recognized and well-respected names in the gaming industry and with good reason. They have many world-class land-based casinos and sportsbooks and currently have online sportsbooks available in 15 states and Washington DC. They have one of America’s most popular sports betting apps because they know what players want and provide it.
The company has been very enthusiastic about bringing its betting platform to as many sports fans as possible, launching sportsbooks in additional states as they legalize sports betting. They are also enthusiastic about attracting new players and keeping existing ones happy by offering an impressive number of bonuses and promotions.
All of the most important aspects of the BetMGM online sportsbook are solid, and you are sure to be impressed, as is our review staff. From bonuses and promotions to bet types and banking methods to its top-notch customer service, BetMGM has all the things that a good online sportsbook should have and more. In some states, BetMGM also offers its equally esteemed online casino and poker room.
We know picking a sportsbook can be daunting and there are certainly many great options to choose from. Luckily, you have the review staff at US Gaming Review to help guide you with our in-depth, honest, and unbiased reviews. Keep reading as we break down, rate, and evaluate the most important sportsbook features, what makes BetMGM unique, what they offer, how to get the best sign-up deal, and how to get started placing bets on your favorite teams quickly and easily.
BetMGM Sportsbook is very generous to new players with its welcome bonus — offering a Bonus Bet $150. The bonus is pretty straightforward — you make your first wager of at least $5 and *BetMGM will give you $150 worth of Bonus Bets.
$150 Bonus Bet Terms and Conditions
For the BetMGM Welcome Bonus, the minimum amount for your first wager is $5. Once the bet completes, regardless of the result, you will receive a Bonus Bet of $150.
When you receive your bonus bet or bets, you have to use them at the BetMGM Online Sportsbook, as you cannot withdraw the money from your account as cash. If you use a bonus bet and you win, the winnings are real money in your account that you can withdraw as cash or put towards other bets.
Here is how you can get the welcome offer:
- Sign up for a BetMGM Sportsbook Account
- Place your first bet of at least $5
- Wait for the bet to complete
- Once the bet settles, regardless of the outcome, you will receive the $150 Bonus Bet
- The Bonus Bet is issued in the form of $25 individual Bonus Bet Tokens
- Bonus Bets Expire in 7 Days. One New Customer Offer Only. Additional terms apply.
Right now, BetMGM has discontinued all of its special, subscription, and retention offers in NY, and all of the special and subscription offers in PA. We expect these to come back shortly and will keep this page updated with the latest info.
If you are looking for a sportsbook with great bonuses and promotions, look no further than BetMGM. We already covered the fantastic welcome offer for new players, but BetMGM also offers many bonuses for existing players.
Many of them are for sports-specific seasons, such as the NFL and MLB, and there are always great ones for significant events such as the Super Bowl, World Series, and NBA Finals, to just name a few.
The BetMGM sports betting promotions change often, but to give you an idea of what you can expect, here are some of the more common promotions that are available to BetMGM sportsbook members.
Bonus Bets are often available at the BetMGM online sportsbook and are offered for specific sports seasons, so, for example, you will always find them available for the NFL and MLB seasons. Often, they are offered daily, and they are simple to get through your sportsbook account. For the bonus bet to qualify, the odds have to be +110 or greater.
There are wagering requirements, just like every other bonus. For example, to get a bonus bet of $10, you may have to wager at least $25 on an NFL game. Often, the bonus bets will be proposition (prop) bets, and if it wins, you will get a bonus bet, typically $10 or $25, in your BetMGM sportsbook account.
Parlay Insurance is a popular promo that is offered year-round. There are a few variations of this deal available. For one, if you make a parlay of 3-5 legs and just one of them loses, you will receive a bonus bet of $25. In the other, Parlay Plus, if there is a parlay of 4-7 legs and you hit a winner, your payout can increase by 40%.
As stated before, the parlay insurance promos will be for in-season sports action. For example, at the time of writing, the promos available are:
- Parlay Plus
- College Football one Game Parlay Insurance
- NFL One Game Parlay Insurance
- EPL (England Premier League) One Game Parlay Insurance
- MLS (Major League Soccer) One Game Insurance Parlay
One of the newer and more unique parlay promotions is the One Game Parlay where, for specific games, you can predict the winner, total, and multiple player props.
As stated before, there are BetMGM sports betting promotions available for more significant sporting events such as the Super Bowl and World Series, to name a couple.
You will see the promos change per season — for example, during the NFL season, they have the unique promo of Tackle the Weekend, where you are simply picking the team that you think will score the most points for the weekend action and, if you are right, you will win a part of the $50,000 prize pool.
BetMGM online sports betting also has special promos customized just for you. For example, in the Pick Your Favorite NFL Team offer for the NFL season, you select your favorite team, and then, throughout the season, they will give you unique promos just for you and your team.
While not actual promos in the Promotions page on the BetMGM online sportsbook, you will also find the Cash Out and Edit My Bet features to be very valuable, as well as the Sports Betting Guide. The Cash Out feature allows you to cash out your wager before the event is over. Your payout will be less than if you stayed with it and it won but for any reason, you do not think it will payout, you can use this feature to get a portion of your stake back.
The Edit My Bet feature allows you to edit either a straight or parlay if it has the Cash Out feature. With this feature, you can add a selection to your bet, swap a selection in a parlay, remove a selection from a parlay, and/or increase your bet amount.
The Sports Betting Guide is a handy and thorough guide for the basics of sports betting. If you are new to the world of sports betting, you will certainly find this guide to be extremely helpful. It is also incredibly useful for those that are not new to sports betting but are new to the BetMGM sportsbook, as it also serves as a how-to guide for the app.
BetMGM Rewards Program
BetMGM online sports betting has a great loyalty program in the M Life Rewards Program. It is pretty basic, as the more you wager, the more points you will accumulate and the more rewards you will get. You are registered in the program automatically upon registration, and the program is a tiered one with five tires.
You can get more points, called iRewards Points (iRPs), by making bets at the sportsbook as well as at the poker room and casino if that state offers them. You can receive different point values depending on the bet you make. For example, if you make a straight bet for $50 at odds of at least -110, you will receive 9 iRPs, and with a $25 parlay with odds of at least +300, you will receive 12.5 iRPs.
The tier credits and iRPs you get will determine the level of the program you are in. Not only can you receive such benefits of bonus money, exclave bonus offers, and other prizes, but you can also get rewards to be used at the MGM land-based casino and sportsbook resorts. For every tier in the program, you get new rewards and the ones offered in the previous one.
Here are the five levels in the M Life Rewards Program:
- Sapphire (Up to 25,000 iRPs)*: Express Comps, bonus cash, and exclusive and personalized bonus offers, as well as discounts for rooms at all MGM Resorts around the United States.
- Pearl (25,000 to 75,000 iRPs)*: 10% extra points and a dedicated line at buffets at land-based MGM Resorts.
- Gold (75,000 to 200,000 iRPs)*: 20% extra points and dedicated check-in at all MGM resort front desks.
- Platinum (200,000+ iRPs)*: 30% extra points and priority access to MGM Resort valet and taxi services. In this tier, you are also eligible for the exclusive annual MGM cruise vacation.
- Noir (By invitation only)*: 40% extra points and guaranteed hotel and restaurant reservations at land-based MGM Resorts. In this tier, you can also get exclusive limousine service to and from nearby airports to the MGM Resort you are staying at.
Where BetMGM Sports Betting is Legal
The following list includes every state that has an online BetMGM sportsbook, when it launched, and the state gaming regulator that issued its license.
- Arizona — (September 9, 2021) BetMGM Sports AZ is the exclusive sports betting partner of the NFL’s Arizona Cardinals and will also be opening a two-story deluxe retail sportsbook State Farm Stadium in time for the 2022 NFL season. The online sportsbook is licensed and regulated by the Arizona Department of Gaming.
- Colorado — (May 1, 2020) BetMGM Sports CO is licensed by the Colorado Division of Gaming and is partnered with the Midnight Rose Hotel and Casino. in Cripple Creek, CO.
- Indiana — (February 27, 2020) BetMGM Sports IN is licensed and regulated by the Indiana Gaming Commission through a partnership with Belterra Casino Resort in Florence, IN.
- Iowa — (January 4, 2021) – BetMGM Sports IA is licensed and regulated by the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission and offers sports wagering through an agreement with the Diamond Jo Worth Casino.
- Maryland — (December 9, 2021) BetMGM Sports MD is partnered with MGM National Harbor, where it also operates a retail sportsbook. BetMGM’s MD sportsbook is the official gaming partner of the NFL’s Baltimore Ravens and is licensed and regulated by the Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency
- Michigan — (January 21, 2021) BetMGM Sports MI is partnered up with MGM Grand Detroit. Sports fans in the Mitten State can either place their bets online via the BetMGM app or in-person at the BetMGM Sports Lounge, located in the MGM Grand. Detroit. BetMGM also operates an online poker room and online casino in the state of Michigan. All three of its online gambling platforms are licensed and regulated by the Michigan Gaming Control Board.
- Mississippi — (September 23, 2021) BetMGM MS also has retail sportsbooks at the Beau Rivage Resort & Casino in Biloxi and the Gold Strike Casino Resort in Tunica. The online sportsbook is licensed and regulated by the Mississippi Gaming Commission and offers sports betting with an agreement with Beau Rivage Gold Strike casino.
- Nevada — (March 9, 2020) In addition to mobile sports betting, BetMGM also has retail sportsbooks in the casinos at Bellagio, MGM Grand, Aria, Park MGM, Mirage, Mandalay Bay, Luxor, Excalibur, and New York-New York. The online sportsbook is licensed and regulated by the Nevada Gaming Commission.
- New Jersey — (August 2019) BetMGM Sports NJ is licensed and regulated by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement. New Jerseyans can also enjoy the BetMGM NJ online poker room and online casino.
- New York — (January 8, 2022) BetMGM Sports NY has a multi-year marketing partnership with Madison Square Garden Sports Corporation (MSGS) and Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corporation (MSGE). The operator was also named an official sports betting partner for the arena, NBA’s New York Knicks, and NHL’s New York Rangers. MGM owns the Empire City Casino in Yonkers, NY, and its online sportsbook is licensed through the New York State Gaming Commission.
- Pennsylvania — (December 17, 2020) The BetMGM PA Sportsbook is licensed and regulated by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board. It is an official partner of the NFL’s Pittsburgh Steelers and its land-based partner is Penn National Hollywood Casino. Pennsylvanians also have access to the BetMGM PA online casino and online poker room.
- Tennessee — (November 1, 2020) The BetMGM TN online sportsbook received its original license from the Tennessee Education Lottery, but in January 2022, the Sports Wagering and Advisory Council (SWAC) took the reins as the official new Tennessee state agency for sports wagering and BetMGM’s TN Sportsbook is now regulated and overseen by SWAC.
- Virginia — (January 27, 2021) The BetMGM VA online sportsbook is licensed and regulated by the Virginia Lottery.
- Washington DC — (June 9, 2021) BetMGM Sportsbook DC is the official sports partner of the MLB’s Washington Nationals and there are plans to open a retail sportsbook at Nationals Park in the future. The online sportsbook is licensed and regulated by the District of Columbia Lottery and Gaming.
- West Virginia — (January 29, 2020) BetMGM Sports WV is partnered with The Greenbrier casino and is licensed and regulated by the West Virginia Lottery Commission. BetMGM’s online casino is also available in the Mountain State.
- Wyoming — (September 1, 2021) The BetMGM WY online sportsbook is licensed and regulated by the Wyoming Gaming Commission.
- South Dakota — There is a BetMGM retail sportsbook at Liv Hospitality’s Tin Lizzie Gaming Resort and Cadillac Jack’s in Deadwood, South Dakota, and there are plans to launch an online sportsbook soon.
The process for signing up for a BetMGM online sportsbook account is rather quick and straightforward. One of the nice things is that for states that have BetMGM online casinos and poker rooms, you can play at them in addition to the sportsbook, all through one account. Here is the process for signing up for an account:
- Click this link or the button on the right side of the page. It will l take you to the registration page of the BetMGM sportsbook.
- Input the information of your email address and create a username and a unique password.
- You will have to go through ID verification and enter your full name, mailing address, date of birth, and the last four digits of your Social Security number.
- Click on the link to Create My Account.
- You will get an email notification from BetMGM that your ID has been verified. After that, you can start betting.
- BetMGM may tell you that you have to verify your ID manually. To do this, upload an ID such as a valid passport or driver’s license and an ID document such as a utility bill or tax form.
- When you are finished with ID verification, you can download the sportsbook’s mobile application.
- For your initial deposit, you can go to the Cashier section of the site.
- Before making a deposit check out the Promotions page to see if you are eligible for any of them.
While there are some states where you can be 18 years old to gamble for all of the states that have BetMGM online sportsbooks, poker rooms, and casinos, you must be at least 21 years of age.
While you can register for a BetMGM sportsbook, check odds, and make deposits and withdrawals from anywhere, you must physically be located in a state in which BetMGM operates its sportsbook in order to make wagers. While you need to be physically in the state, you do not have to be a resident. The sites use geolocation, so they can pinpoint your location. You will need to allow the app to access your location and, when you do that, you can bet within the state borders.
You can register for a BetMGM Sportsbook account remotely through their state-specific online sportsbooks with no in-person registration requirements in place. The sites will require your social security number for your identity verification process, but typically, you will only need to input the last four digits.
The BetMGM sportsbook mobile app gives you nearly everything the desktop version does but on the go. The app is free to download and is available for iOS and Android users. The app is well designed, attractive, and offers a good user experience. Even on the smallest of screens, you can easily navigate through the site and quickly find what you need.
Through the BetMGM Sportsbook app, you can make bets, learn about and opt into the current promotions, make deposits and withdrawals, and contact customer support. Through the app, live betting and live streaming are also available.
The features of the BetMGM sportsbook mobile app include:
- Bet Slip — You can make a wager, and it will show up on the Bet Slip, where you can see the expected payout.
- Promotions — There is a scrollable list of all the promotions available, and you can read about them and opt into them.
- Rewards — Like on the desktop version of the sportsbook, through the app, you will get points (iRPs) with every single wager you make on your mobile device.
- Banking — You can make deposits and withdrawals through the mobile app.
- Sports and Betting Markets — On the app, you will see all of the sports available to wager on and all the bet types available for each event.
- Customer Service — If you have any issue, you can use the app to contact customer service, and, just like on the desktop version, there is an extensive FAQ section. The one thing that is not available on the app is live chat.
There is no lack of bet types available on the BetMGM online sportsbook. Once you find an event and click on it, you will see all the betting markets available. The more popular the sport, the more markets are available. For example, for an NFL game, there are hundreds of bets that you can make. Here are the types of bets available:
- Moneylines — The moneyline is a simple bet where you are just betting on the winner of a game or match. However, there are inflated odds that indicate who is the favorite and who is the underdog.
- Spreads — This is a handicap bet and, while you are picking a winner, the favorite will be giving points while the underdog is getting them. So, if 5 points favor a team, they have to win by 6 or more points for the bet to be a winning one.
- Totals — This is another easy bet where the sportsbook will set a total for a game in the total number of points scored by both teams, and you are betting if you think the total will be over or under that number.
- Parlays — A bet that has multiple bets, which are called legs, in one wager. The legs in the parlay all have to win for you to win the bet unless you have Parlay Insurance, which is a promo touched on earlier. The parlay bet is a high-risk, high-reward one.
- Proposition Bets — Also known as prop bets, these have nothing to do with the outcome of the game, but with other occurrences during the game. For example. will there be a safety in the game or will player A score more points than player B.
- Round Robins — Betting on more than one parlay bet at a time.
- Live Bets — Also known as in-play betting, it involves wagering on an event as it is happening live. The odds for the bets will change in real-time as the event progresses, depending on what is happening in the game or match. For some live betting events, live streaming is available directly through the sportsbook, allowing you to watch and bet at the same time.
- Futures — Betting on the future outcome of an event, such placing a bet during the off-season on who will win the next Super Bowl or betting on who will win the NBA championship at the beginning of the season.
- Point Bets — A higher stakes bet where the money you win or lose is not a set amount but will fluctuate the more accurate your prediction is.
- Teasers — A teaser bet is like a parlay in that it is multiple bets in one, but you can manipulate the spread and totals in your favor. However, because of that, the payout will be less than a typical parlay.
There is truly no lack of sports to wager on at BetMGM sportsbook. If there is a sporting event happening anywhere in the world, chances are, the book will have odds posted for it.
While the sportsbooks are US-based and all the major American sports are covered, many international events are also offered. Some of the most-wagered-on sports on the BetMGM app include football, basketball, baseball, soccer, hockey, golf, tennis, MMA, and boxing.
At the top of the landing page, you will see links to many of the most popular sports and some of the top leagues such as the NFL, MLB, and NBA. On the right side, you will see a link that a full list of all sports and leagues, listed from A-Z so you can easily browse all of the sports available.
You can also see all of them, with links, at the left-hand side of the page. If you click on the sport, you can see all of the events with odds, and by clicking on the event, you can see all of the betting markets available.
Not only are the major sports covered, but others that are less popular such as rugby union, badminton, lacrosse, and volleyball.
BetMGM sportsbook offers a good variety of deposit methods, but, as is commonly seen at most operators, the withdrawal methods tend to be more limited. One of the things you need to be aware of is that different states will accept different banking methods. The sportsbook uses SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) to ensure security for all financial transactions, so you can be sure your personal and financial info are 100% safe and secure.
The minimum deposit at the BetMGM sportsbook is only $10. To make a deposit, visit the Cashier section, select the method you want to use, and input the amount you wish to deposit. If you are in a state that also has a brick-and-mortar BetMGM sportsbook, you can also make deposits and withdrawals in-person at the cash cage.
The following deposit methods are available at all of the BetMGM online sportsbooks:
- Online bank transfer
- VIP Preferred eCheck
Check to see what your particular state offers, but many will also offer deposits via:
- Discover Card
- MGM Gift Card
The withdrawal process is just like the deposit process — go to the Cashier section, pick the withdrawal method, and input the amount you want to withdraw. The processing times will be determined by which method you use.
The withdrawal methods that are available at all of the sportsbooks are:
- Online bank transfer
- VIP Preferred eCheck
In some states, you can also take care of withdrawals through PayPal or by having a check mailed to you. For the most accurate information on what banking methods are offered at the BetMGM sportsbook you want to play on, go to the specific state BetMGM online sportsbook and click on the Banking Information at the bottom of the page.
BetMGM has an excellent customer service department for all of their online sportsbooks, and the support team can be contacted via phone, live chat, and email. The primary BetMGM sportsbook email is [email protected].
Under the Help & Contact section of the site, you will find an extensive selection of FAQs. The FAQ is extremely helpful and many common issues, you will be able to find the answer there, without even needing to interact with a human. If you would like to speak with a human, the FAQ lists all of the phone numbers available as well as the live chat option. TO access the live chat, you must be logged into your account.
What do I do if I have trouble registering on BetMGM Sportsbook?
If you are having issues signing up for a BetMGM account, we recommend you first check out the site’s FAQ section. There, you will find some common questions and answers regarding registration, as well as some intructional videos to help guide you. If you cannot resolve the issue through the FAQs, you can contact BetMGM sportsbook via phone or email.
What do I do if I have trouble depositing on BetMGM Sportsbook?
If you have any issues with depositing at the sportsbook, contact the BetMGM customer service department. You can also find helpful info in the FAQ section where several questions deal with deposits — some even including instructional videos. If you still cannot resolve the issue, contact customer support via phone, email, or live chat.
In which states can I bet on the BetMGM Sportsbook app?
The BetMGM sportsbook app is available in Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington DC, and West Virginia.
Can I withdraw from MGM Sportsbook after I leave the state?
Yes, you can make withdrawals and deposits outside of the state, but you must be in a state where the bookie is license to operate in order to make wagers.
Can I register at MGM Sportsbook from another state?
Yes, you can register for a BetMGM sportsbook account outside the state, but you must be located in it to make wagers.
Is MGM Sportsbook legal in Canada?
No, the BetMGM sportsbook is not available in Canada.
Legalization of online and mobile sports betting is one step closer in Mississippi, as the “Mississippi Mobile Sports Wagering Act” passes the House and goes in front of the Senate.
Kentucky’s sportsbooks witness a stunning $250 million in wagers with over half a million accounts, as mobile sports betting leads the way.
But the state’s half-dozen sportsbooks also “learned the hard way” that they won’t make a lot of revenue when the hometown Chiefs win the Super Bowl.
The Executive Director of the MGCU said the regulator is “shooting for early to mid-November” to launch sports betting in Maine.
One month after BetMGM Sports launched, Caesars Sportsbook debuts on the island. Three more mobile sportsbooks could launch in the near future.
The operator deploys to its second jurisdiction outside the Lower 48. Meanwhile, a launch of Caesars Sportsbook on the island looms.
Barstool Sportsbook trips out the gate, but recovers. Meanwhile, FanDuel may have already run afoul of the state’s advertising rules.
We could see nearly 20 mobile sportsbooks launch on New Year’s Day, the opening day for the long-awaited launch of mobile sports betting in Ohio.