DraftKings is, undoubtedly, one of the biggest names in gambling in the US. The operator first made its name through daily fantasy sports and has since expanded to offer online and land-based casinos as well as provide top sports betting opportunities to millions of users through its desktop site and mobile app.
Having found success in several states where online gambling became legal, DraftKings emerged as a leader and continued to grow its operations as more states introduced legal online sports betting. The attractive bonuses and promotions sit alongside the stellar user experience that has helped to make the sportsbook one of the best in the business.
Even the top dog needs to prove it is worthy of your time, which is why our DraftKings online sportsbook review puts the operator under the microscope. The review team here at US Gaming Review has critically analyzed all of the critical aspects of the DraftKings experience to help you determine whether it is the right site for you and how to get the best possible start when betting.
Read on to learn all about the sports markets, bonuses, promotions, and payment options available at DraftKings sportsbook. Plus, find out which states the site and mobile app are legal and licensed in and how to register and get started placing your first bets.
The DraftKings Sports Betting Welcome Bonus is designed to welcome new players to the site, giving your bankroll a nice boost right out of the gate. It’s common for DraftKings to run a regular welcome bonus, while also offering a second special deal for new customers, such as the NFL bet $1 get a $150 bonus bet promotion.
DraftKings Welcome Bonus up to $1000
You can qualify for the welcome offer simply by creating an account and depositing at least $5, which makes it one of the most accessible bonuses out there. It is available to all new users signing up for the first time, that are located in a state where DraftKings operates.
You can claim a 20% match on your first deposit of up to $1000. On the one hand, it is less than sites that give 100% boosts, but the amount of $1000 is generous.
There are wagering requirements to take into account, though. You’ll need to bet the amount 25x on odds of -300 or greater. So for every $25 wagered, $1 of bonus funds is released, and you have 90 days to meet the requirements. It is a decent length of time for a relatively challenging playthrough amount.
To claim the DraftKings online sportsbook bonus, all you need to do is sign up and make your first deposit. The bonus period starts when your funds arrive in your account. You will need to add the required account information and verify your identity to be ready to deposit, bet, and withdraw.
The bonus comes in the form of site credits, which means it can only be spent at DraftKings. However, your winnings from those bets can be withdrawn. Odds for bets need to be -300 or greater to contribute to the release of the funds.
How to claim the DraftKings Bonus
- Click this link or the button on the right side of this page to sign up.
- Choose your state and complete the required account information.
- Once your account is confirmed and verified, head to the cashier to make a deposit.
- Select your preferred payment method and add at least $5 and up to $5,000 to claim the offer.
One of the reasons why DraftKings is so incredibly popular is because of its superb user experience and the number of ways players can get a little something extra to enhance their wagers. The sportsbook has a promotions page that is constantly updated with different deals. Check the promo page to make the most of referral bonuses and bonus bets and boosts every month.
What makes DraftKings sports betting promotions so appealing is that there is a multitude of offers linked to the different sports seasons. Compared to other betting sites, it delivers exactly what players want to see, with something new always around the corner. Below is a rundown of the types of promotions you will find at DraftKings.
These promotions give you bonus betting credits at DraftKings, which means you can spend those when you wager instead of your cash. Bonus bets usually come with a set value and they might have restrictions, such as minimum odds.
At DraftKings, when you use a bonus bet, the amount used as the stake does not come back to you in your winnings. Additionally, most credits expire, often after seven days, so check your credit balance and make sure to use your bonuses in time. DraftKings offers bonus bets regularly on the site and app, so be sure to check often.
When you refer someone to sign up for DraftKings using your unique referral code or link, you both receive rewards, usually in the form of bonus bets, making it a win-win for everyone. Check the site to get your referral code and to see what the current refer-a-friend deal is.
Odds Boost Promos are offered daily. DraftKings selects bets on different sports and markets and enhances the odds. It means you stand to get a better return than you would normally. There are also Profit Boosts, where the odds are not affected, but if you win, your return will have an extra percentage on top, often as much as 20 or 40% extra.
Another valuable DraftKings promo is Parlay Insurance. Parlay bets come with big risks, but also the chance for big rewards. Having the opportunity to add insurance to your parlay bet helps mitigate the risk.
For example, at DraftKings, you might see a same game parlay option. It means that when you add several selections from one NFL game to your bet slip, and you lose by one, you get your stake back to bet again another day.
There are several excellent parlays to choose from at this betting site, or you can build your own from different events.
Daily Sports Pools
The sportsbook is also popular thanks to its Daily Pools that are free to enter. You can browse the list of current contests and see what the prize pot is. They can reach up to $5,000. When you have chosen your competition, make your predictions. Depending on how well you did, you will score points and climb the leaderboard, improving your chances of winning some cash.
Where It Is Legal
States where DraftKings Mobile Sportsbook currently operates:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- West Virginia
History, details, partnership, and regulator information for each state in which DraftKings operates:
- DraftKings Arizona: The sports betting scene in AZ is relatively new and DraftKings was one of the very first to launch. Online casinos and poker are not yet legal here and land-based partnerships are through tribal operations or sports teams. DraftKings has partnered with the PGA Tour and the TPC Scottsdale course and is licensed through the Arizona Department of Gaming.
- DraftKings Colorado: In CO, DK provides players with access to sports betting and daily fantasy sports (DFS). In addition to the mobile version, there’s also a retail location where you can place sports bets in person. The operator has a partnership with the land-based Mardi Gras Casino in Black Hawk and is licensed through the Colorado Division of Gaming.
- DraftKings Illinois: The land-based partner in IL is Casino Queen in East St Louis and the state regulatory agency is the Illinois Gaming Board. The operator offers online sports betting, but, as per state law, players need to register in person at the retail location before they can wager online.
- DraftKings Indiana: The site provides DFS and sports betting to players in IN. There is an online operation and a retail option at the land-based partner, Ameristar Casino, in East Chicago. DraftKings IN is licensed and regulated by the Indiana Gaming Commission.
- DraftKings Iowa: Players in IA can access the online sportsbook as well as enjoy retail sports betting at the three brick-and-mortar locations in the state, where you can also register in person for online access. The land-based partner is the Wild Rose Casino and the state’s regulatory agency is the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission.
- DraftKings Michigan: In MI, players can access online sports betting and the DraftKings casino. The land-based partner there is the Bay Mills Resort and Casino in Brimley. DraftKings Casino MI and Draftkings Sports MI are both licensed and regulated by the Michigan Gaming Control Board
- DraftKings New Hampshire: Sports betting is live in New Hampshire, so in addition to DFS, NH sports fans can place bets either online or through DraftKings’ retail locations. There are two land-based partners — The Brook in Seabrook, and Filotimo Casino, Manchester, NH — and DraftKings NH is licensed and regulated by the New Hampshire Gaming Regulatory Oversight Authority.
- DraftKings New Jersey: NJ was one of the first states to introduce legal online gambling back in 2018. DK NJ is partnered with the land-based Resorts Casino Hotel Atlantic City, the very first to open there. New Jerseyans can access both the casino and sportsbook via online or at the brick-and-mortar locations. DraftKings Casino NJ and DraftKings Sportsbook NJ are licensed and regulated through the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement
- DraftKings New York: DraftKings was one of the first four licensed sports betting operators to go live in New York on January 8, 2022, making it the operator’s biggest market at that time. DraftKings Sportsbook NY is licensed and regulated by the New York State Gaming Commission.
- DraftKings Oregon: January 2022 was a big month for the sports betting giant — just ten days after its big NY launch, DraftKings OR Sportsbook went live on January 18. In the Beaver State, it is the official sportsbook provider of The Oregon Lottery and is licensed and regulated by the Oregon State Gaming Enforcement.
- DraftKings Pennsylvania: Players in PA can enjoy the online casino and sportsbook from DraftKings. The land-based partner is The Meadows, a casino and racetrack in Washington. DraftKings Casino PA and DraftKings Sports PA are licensed and regulated by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board
- DraftKings Tennessee: For players in TN, online sports betting is relatively new. DraftKings offers its mobile sportsbook and does not have a land-based partner in the state as there are no tribal or commercial casinos. It is regulated by the Sports Wagering Advisory Council (SWAC).
- DraftKings Virginia: Online sports betting has finally arrived in the Commonwealth. Players can access DFS and the sportsbook through the DraftKings app and website. In-person casinos are just getting off the ground, so there are no land-based partners here. DraftKings VA is licensed and regulated by the Virginia Lottery.
- DraftKings West Virginia: WV has seen in-person sports betting since 2018, adding retail sportsbooks to the commercial casinos and racetracks in the state. DraftKings runs an online casino and sportsbook for players in WV with its land-based partner Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races and is licensed and regulated through the West Virginia Lottery.
- DraftKings Wyoming: Another newcomer to the online sports betting scene. DraftKings was the first to launch in the Cowboy State, and WY players can place bets at the online sportsbook. No partnerships are required to operate. It is licensed and regulated by the Wyoming Gaming Commission.
As part of our DraftKings Review, we will go over how to register, so you can get signed up and start placing bets straight away. For Daily Fantasy Sports, players need to be 18 to create an account or 21 in certain locations. For sports betting access, you will need to be 21 or older.
You do not need to be in the state where you will play when you sign up for an account. You can browse the site, look at odds, deposit, and withdraw from other locations. However, in order to place a bet, you need to be within the physical borders of a state where online sports betting is legal, and DraftKings operates. You do not have to be a resident of the state you are signing up in, though.
All but one of the DraftKings sportsbooks allow you to create your account online. However, in Illinois, you will need to begin the registration process by going to a retail outlet. DraftKings, and other sports betting sites, know where you are when accessing the site through geolocation technology, which is similar to your GPS, and uses your device to pinpoint where you are. You do not need to do anything special, just ensure that the app has access to your location to gain access.
The sign-up process at DraftKings is straightforward. Simply follow these steps:
- Follow the link to register: Clicking this link or the button on the right side of the page, will take you straight to the registration page. The geolocation software will automatically determine which is the correct site for you, and players in Illinois will be directed to a retail sportsbook to register.
- Create an Account: First, create a username and a unique password. Enter your email address, and you will need to agree to the terms and conditions to continue.
- Verify Your Identity: To verify your identity, provide the additional information required, including your name, date of birth, mailing address, phone number, and the last four digits of your Social Security number.
- After submitting, you will receive an email confirmation that your account has been verified. If verification has not been possible, check that all of the information is correct.
- If your details are right, but verification has failed, you may need to add supporting documents. You can upload scanned copies or digital photos of a government-issued photo ID and an address ID document such as a utility bill.
- Download the App: Use the link on this review to get access to DraftKings on your mobile device. It will launch the appropriate download for your device.
- Make a Deposit: From your account, visit the cashier, choose a payment method, and enter your preferred amount. The minimum deposit is $5.
- Register for Bonuses: By using our link, you will have already triggered the 20% match deal. However, check your rewards page for other promotions aimed at new customers. Remember you have 90 days to release your bonus funds.
The DraftKings App provides a fantastic way for players in all states to access odds, promotions, and their accounts while on the go. You will find all the same features that are available on the desktop site on the mobile version, optimized for a smaller screen. It is attractive, easy to use, and can be downloaded in seconds.
The DraftKings online sportsbook app has the same capabilities as the desktop site. In addition, as an app user, you enjoy these benefits as well.
- My Bets: Access your open and recently settled bets all in one place
- Promotions: Stay up to date with the latest odds boosts and rewards using the menu at the bottom of the screen.
- Flash Bet: An even faster way to participate in live betting, place a wager between points, see the outcome, and get your payout instantly.
- Quick Links: A list of popular and commonly visited sections to help you move around with just one tap.
- Rewards: Earn NFTs (non-fungible tokens) to spend in the marketplace.
- Live Scores and Upcoming Events: The live betting section has start times for games and matches, plus scores and statistics for ones that are in play.
- Push Notifications: Use the app’s settings to enable notifications that alert you to promotions, news, scores, and bet outcomes.
- Casino Access: In states where DraftKings has an online casino, you can access it through the same app as the sportsbook.
- Responsible Gambling Settings: DraftKings, as a company, is very dedicated to responsible gaming and risk reduction. The iGaming giant takes its responsibilities towards players seriously and the app is no exception. You can find a lot of helpful responsible gaming resources, information about gambling issues, and tools to help you control your time and money to help keep your betting fun and under control.
Where to Download the App
No matter whether you are Android or iOS, the DraftKings mobile app can be downloaded and installed by clicking on the Sign-Up button on the right side of this page.
You will find multiple ways to bet at DraftKings online sportsbook. You are not limited to just picking the match or game winner, you can make all sorts of predictions, and really put your knowledge to the test to find the best value odds.
Whatever your betting style, you will be pleased with the common and more niche bet types offered:
- Parlay: A combination bet involving at least two selections — also called “legs” — from the same or different events. The risk is higher, but so is the potential reward.
- Futures: This bet means looking further ahead, usually to the outcome of a league or tournament weeks or months in advance.
- Moneyline: A straightforward prediction of who will win the event, with inflated odds to show the favorite and the underdog.
- Spread: An adjusted version of the moneyline bet. You make your prediction for who will win, but they need to do so by a margin set by the bookmaker for you to get a return.
- Total: A bet that focuses on how many points will be scored altogether in the game and you bet over or under that number.
- Round Robin: This bet type consists of different combinations of several parlays.
- Prop: A bet that focuses more on what happens during an event and not the final outcome. Instead of placing a wager on who wins it. you predict whether things, such as if red cards, flags, or penalties, will happen.
- Live Betting: Betting on an event as it is happening live. Odds and stats will update in real-time as the game progresses.
The sport you bet on will determine the types of markets available to you. Once you click on an event, you will be able to browse the betting options. Once you find the bet you want, tap on it, it will be added to your bet slip, and you place your wager.
Flash Bets and the In-Game section provide various bet types that you do not see elsewhere. In these sections, you view live and upcoming games, and there are wagers for more specific outcomes. The markets cover more immediate action, such as the team ahead at half-time, next to score, and so on.
The in-game and flash bets pages have animations, statistics, and live streaming to help you follow the game and choose your wagers. Overall, the variety of bet types is enough to keep most bettors entertained. Plus, the quality of the live streams and graphics is top-notch. When you try it for yourself, you will have so much to explore.
DraftKings online sports betting has an extensive list of sports to bet on, including:
- Aussie Rules
- Table Tennis
All of the major leagues are covered, as well as some niche tournaments, global events, and college sports. The selection is varied and means that each day and all year, you will find available bets. The more popular the sport, the more betting markets will be available for it. For example, there will be many bets available for an MLB, NFL, or NBA game, but very few for a table tennis match.
The DraftKings online sportsbook site has several payment options available to bettors, although some might vary based on location. Overall, the banking processing times are fast, transparent, and easy to follow.
DraftKings provides the following deposit options:
- American Express
- Online banking
- Play+ prepaid card
- Cash at the casino cage (only at land-based casinos and sportsbooks)
- VIP preferred e-check
- Wire transfer
For withdrawals, you have several banking options, including:
- Online banking
- Play+ prepaid card
- Cash at the casino cage (only at land-based casinos and sportsbooks)
- VIP preferred e-check
- Wire transfer
How to Withdraw Money
To make a withdrawal from DraftKings
- Head to your account by clicking your profile picture.
- Choose ‘withdraw’ from the menu and enter your amount.
- Select your payment method and click ‘request’ to complete.
Whether you encounter an issue or just need more information, you will likely need to access DraftKings’ customer support. There are several options, although they all take a little time to get a response.
The most immediate is the Help Center. Using the search function there, you can find topics and answers to frequently asked questions that provide valuable information. Alternatively, you can fill out the contact form to get a response by email.
Your other choice is to use the support bot to access live chat. You need to fill out some information, but you do not have to wait too long before you are chatting with a customer service representative.
What do I do if I have trouble registering at DraftKings Sportsbook?
If you have an issue when registering at DraftKings, you can check the help center for advice as it covers a lot of potential issues and how to resolve them. Customers are only allowed one account, so if you have a daily fantasy sports account or an account in another state, you need to use those credentials. For identity verification or other problems, contact customer support via email or live chat.
What do I do if I have trouble depositing at DraftKings Sportsbook?
If your deposit does not go through or you get an error message when adding funds to your account, check that all of the information that you have filled out is correct. Also, check that the payment method is accepted in your location, and if not, try an alternative. Make sure the account you are trying to take the deposit from has sufficient funds. If trying to pay via a credit or debit card, check with the provider to make sure they are not blocking the transaction as sometimes this happens.
You might need to verify your identity before you deposit. Check that your account has been confirmed and that no additional documentation is required. If neither of these solutions helps, you might need to speak to your payment provider or contact customer support at DraftKings.
In which states can I bet on the DraftKings Sportsbook app?
The DraftKings sportsbook app is available in Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.
Can I withdraw from DraftKings Sportsbook after I leave the state?
Yes, you can make a withdrawal from another state. The only thing that you cannot do is place a bet while in a state where online gambling is illegal, or DraftKings does not operate.
Can I register at DraftKings Sportsbook from another state?
Yes. You can create your account from another state, and you do not need to be a resident of the state you are wagering in to use the site. However, you cannot place bets in states where DraftKings does not operate.
Is DraftKings Sportsbook legal in Canada?
Not yet. DraftKings provides DFS services in Canada and, with recent changes to the law, Canada could move through a similar process to regulated sports betting in individual states. As an operator with a foot in the door and an existing customer base, it is likely that DraftKings will become one of the first sportsbooks to offer online betting in Canada in the near future.
DraftKings, BetMGM Among Six to Launches Online Sports Betting in Massachusetts
Barstool Sportsbook trips out the gate, but recovers. Meanwhile, FanDuel may have already run afoul of the state’s advertising rules.
Senate Committee OKs Online Casino Bill in New Hampshire
SB 104 doesn’t specify a tax rate or the number of operators for an online casino contract, but a fiscal analysis attached to the bill assumed a 35% tax rate and three to five operators.
Ohio Regulator Says Three Sportsbooks Broke Gaming Laws
The Ohio Casino Control Commission (OCCC) says BetMGM, Caesars Sportsbook, and DraftKings each face a fine of $150,000 for violating rules governing advertising and promotions by the gaming industry.
Governor Fumes Some Sportsbooks “Already Crossed the Line” in Ohio
Republican Governor Mike DeWine joined the Ohio Casino Control Commission (OCCC) in expressing frustration with operators on their compliance with advertising restrictions.
Ohio is Just Hours Away From Launch of Mobile Sports Betting
We could see nearly 20 mobile sportsbooks launch on New Year’s Day, the opening day for the long-awaited launch of mobile sports betting in Ohio.
FanDuel, DraftKings Spent $19.2M on CA Sports Betting Initiative This Month, Despite Poll
Survey by the Public Policy Institute of California (PPIC) suggests industry-backed initiative for California online sports betting is doomed, despite nearly $170 million spent to date in support.
On the Sidelines in Kansas: Where Are All the Other Sportsbooks?
In recent remarks, executives for five operators — BetRivers, Fubo, Hard Rock, SI Sportsbook, and WynnBET — say they’ll wait before jumping into Kansas’ small market.
Kansas Sports Betting Operators Start Registering Players
Two regulators, the Kansas Racing & Gaming Commission (KRGC) & the Kansas Lottery Commission (KLC), sent proposed rules to AG Derek Schmidt last week.