FanDuel is one of the top online sports betting sites in the US. Players around the nation love this bookie and with good reason. In our US Gaming Review FanDuel Sportsbook Review, we will explore why it is so popular, the features that contribute to its success, as well as address the areas where we think there is room for improvement.
The company services several jurisdictions, as it has been aggressive with expansion as more states legalize online sportsbooks. One of the highlights of FanDuel is that they offer a very competitive welcome bonus that draws in new players from across the US.
Our editors were impressed by the bookie’s betting experience. Nearly every process was straightforward.
This sportsbook has a fantastic no sweat first bet offer for new players . This welcome package type is pretty standard across the industry. However, the FanDuel online sportsbook stands out because this deal has a better value than many other sportsbooks.
No Sweat First Bet up to $1000
If your first bet at the sportsbook loses, they will refund the stake up to $1000* as credits. The excellent part of this bonus is it does not have a minimum odds requirement. The bet credits given back if your initial wager loses cannot be withdrawn, as you will have to use at wagering on the site.
Follow these steps to claim your FanDuel Sports Betting New User Bonus:
- Complete your FanDuel registration.
- Deposit money into your sportsbook account.
- Place your first wager. Players from eligible states will also need to play a casino game.
- FanDuel reimburses you for your losses within 72 hours.
The FanDuel online sportsbook promotions also enhance your wagering experience. The site has a regularly updated promotion page that offers some fantastic deals. Additionally, you will find a separate section specifically for odds boosts.
FanDuel offers a long list of excellent promos all year round. Some of the main types of promos you can expect include:
This betting site offers many bonus bets. Most of the time, you will need to opt-in for these deals. Click on the promotion that interests you, then look for a green button. These wagers are typically tied to a specific sport and bet type.
For example, FanDuel had an offer on NFL parlays. You got $10 in site credit for losing a stake of at least $20 on four or more selections. Additionally, FanDuel refunds $10 for losing three+ parlays week four games.
Make sure to read each bonus’s terms and conditions carefully. They often have odds obligations you need to meet, such as 400+.
The FanDuel online sports betting site gives players bonus cash for referring friends. For each person that registers using your unique code, you get $50 in bet credit at the sportsbook.
The funds unlock for you and them once they bet $10 or more on any event. You can invite up to 10 people, which gives you a total value of $500.
This bookie has a separate section that lists all the available odds boosts. To find it, look for the section labeled “boosts.” It will either be at the top of the page or along the left side. The location depends on if you use desktop or mobile.
These deals increase your winnings. For example, a prediction on a quarterback making one or more passing touchdowns may have increased odds. Before, it was +160. Now, it is +200, meaning you get a larger payout for the same stake.
Where Is FanDuel Legal?
FanDuel is legal in the following states:
- Michigan: FanDuel launched a physical sportsbook at the MotorCity Casino in March 2020, where players can place bets in person. The online betting site followed in January 2021. The sportsbook also allows Michiganders to access casino games. FanDuel Casino MI and FanDuel Sports MI are licensed and regulated by the Michigan Gaming Control Board.
- Arizona: This bookie launched in AZ the same month sports betting became legal — April 2021. FanDuel plans to partner with the Phoenix Suns NBA team, but the retail location is not open yet. Arizonians will be able to place in-person bets at the arena soon. However, they cannot use the online FanDuel Casino, as online casino gaming is not legal in the state. FanDuel Sports AZ is licensed and regulated by the Arizona Department of Gaming.
- Pennsylvania: The FanDuel PA online sportsbook launched in July 2019, partnering with the Valley Forge Casino. You can make predictions both on the website and at the physical location. Pennsylvanians also get to use the online FanDuel Casino. FanDuel Casino PA and FanDuel Sports PA are licensed and regulated by the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
- Illinois: IL legalized sports betting in 2019, and FanDuel launched in August 2020. It first opened online, with the retail location coming to Collinsville later. You will need to visit FanDuel Sportsbook & Horse Racing to complete registration. You can also place bets there. Illinoisans cannot use the online FanDuel Casino. FanDuel Sports IL is licensed and regulated by the Illinois Gaming Board.
- West Virginia: This sportsbook came to WV in August 2019. In The Mountain State, you can place bets online or in person at the Greenbriar Resort. West Virginians got access to the FanDuel casino in May 2021. FanDuel Sports WV is licensed and regulated through the West Virginia Lottery.
- Indiana: FanDuel launched in IN in October 2019. The state has a physical location at the Belterra Casino Resort. You place wagers at that location or online. However, you will not have access to the online FanDuel Casino in this state. FanDuel Sports IN is licensed and regulated by the Indiana Gaming Commission.
- New Jersey: The bookie entered the NJ market in September 2018. There is a retail sportsbook in the state at the Meadowlands Racetrack, where sports fans can place bets live and in person. Sports wagers can also be made on the FanDuel NJ sportsbook app or via the website. New Jerseyites also have online casino access. FanDuel Casino NJ and FanDuel Sports NJ are licensed and regulated by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement.
- Colorado: FanDuel launched in CO in May 2020. It partnered with the Golden Gates Casino. There is no retail location there yet, but there will be eventually. Instead, you place sports wagers online or in the app. Coloradans do not get online casino access. FanDuel Sports CO is licensed and regulated by the Colorado Gaming Division.
- Iowa: This online sportsbook came to Iowa in September 2020. It hosts physical sportsbooks at the Diamond Jo Casino and the Diamond Jo Worth Casino. You can make wagers at both of these locations and on the FanDuel website, but you cannot use the FanDuel online casino. FanDuel Sports IA is licensed and regulated through the Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission.
- Tennessee: FanDuel launched in TN in November 2020. It does not have a physical location, as retail sportsbooks are not legal in the state. You can only make sports predictions on the website. The company does not offer online casino games in Tennessee. FanDuel Sports TN is licensed and regulated through the Tennessee Sports Wagering Advisory Council (SWAC).
- Virginia: Virginians were able to sign up online with FanDuel starting in January 2021. There is no physical location yet in the state. Although not illegal, no retailers have entered the VA market. Instead, you can place wagers online. The sportsbook does not offer its online casino in this state. FanDuel Sports VA is licensed and regulated by the Virginia Lottery.
FanDuel Signup Process
Creating a FanDuel online sport betting account is straightforward. Just follow these steps:
1. Follow Our Exclusive Link: We have provided a registration link that takes you directly to the FanDuel signup page.
2. Select Your Location: The bookie lists the states it services. Select the one you are currently in. If you do not see the state you are in you can click the “I don’t see my state” button to get more information.
3. Create Your FanDuel Account: Enter your email address. Once you finish, come up with a secure password and username.
4. Verify Your Identity: You will need to provide personal information to ensure you are who you claim. Enter your name, mailing address, last four digits of your SSN, phone number, and date of birth. You can also opt-in for two-step authentication during this step. If you check this box, logging in will require your username, password, and a code texted to your phone.
5. Download the FanDuel App: This step is optional, but we recommend it if you prefer mobile betting. The FanDuel application is available on Android and iOS. Use our links to start the download process automatically.
6. Make a Deposit: Funding your account is necessary for real money wagers. You will also need funds in your account to take advantage of the welcome package.
7. Check Out Available Promos: Scroll through the promotion list to see if any catch your eye. To use one, click on it and locate the green opt-in button.
You need to meet the following obligations to sign up at the FanDuel online sportsbook:
- You are 21 or older.
- You are not on the excluded persons list (college and professional teams):
- Sports Managers
- Sports Trainers
You can register for an account outside of the state online but in order to make bets, you must be within state lines. Illinois requires you to visit the FanDuel Sportsbook & Horse Racing to verify your identity in person before you can access the online sportsbook.
The site uses geolocation technology to pinpoint your device’s location. To use the betting platform, you will have to install this tool. If you use the mobile app, simply turn on location tracking in the settings.
All states require your SSN. However, you will only need to provide the last four digits. FanDuel takes its customers’ safety very seriously and keeps all of your personal and financial information secure, so do not worry about providing it.
The FanDuel mobile sportsbook app is excellent. It runs smoothly and is available on any device. Plus, the sportsbook offers all the same features you would find on the desktop version.
You will find all the same aspects players love about the sportsbook in this app, including:
- Live Now: Click on the “Live Now” circle at the top of the home screen to view all the ongoing events to bet on. FanDuel separates them by sport category, so you easily find what you are looking for.
- Promos: You get access to all the same deals you would on the desktop version. Plus, the bookie offers exclusive mobile deals, such as deposit bonuses and prize pools.
- Boosts: The FanDuel online sportsbook app has a section that lists all the odd boost offers, just like on the website. Scroll through the list to find an intriguing deal.
- Free Games: Here, you will find a list of free tournament games.
- My Bets: This area lists all the wagers you have made at FanDuel. Two tabs separate them into active and settled bets.
The sportsbook has many different markets to bet on, which keeps all players satisfied. Some states may not have every option, depending on the betting laws. Available wagers on FanDuel include:
- Money Lines: You make one selection on a single event picking a winner where there are inflated odds indicating the favorite and the underdog.
- Teasers: These are parlay bets that allow odd manipulation to your advantage making it easier to win, but for a lower payout.
- Propositions: You predict a specific aspect of the game, such as if Bryce Harper from the Phillies will hit a home run. A prop bet has nothing to do with the outcome of the game or match.
- Spreads: Each team is assigned a spread value. The favored team has to win by more than that number for your prediction on them to win. On the other hand, the underdog can lose by less than that number, and your wager still wins.
- Live (In-Game): Bets placed after the game has started.
- Futures: You place a stake on a long-term event that has not happened yet, such as betting on who will win the Super Bowl before the season starts.
- Half and Quarters: Your bet is based on the outcome of one half or quarter of the game.
- Parlays: These wagers predict multiple outcomes on more than one event. It is, basically, multiple bets in one. Because of that, it is harder to win, and while a high-risk bet it is one that offers high-reward as well.
- Round Robins: These bets consist of several parlays placed at the same time.
Different bet types will be available to you, depending on the sport. Once you click on a game or match, you will see all the markets. Scroll through the list to find your preference. When you pick one, fill out the bet slip and place your wager.
To access the in-game section, click on the “Live Now” button. You will find multiple markets, including spreads, money lines, and totals. Click on a game to see live stats provided by FanDuel.
If you prefer placing stakes on upcoming events, simply select the sport you are interested in. This action brings up a list of events happening soon and their current odds.
The FanDuel online sports betting platform offers a wide sports selection. You can bet on soccer, football, basketball, baseball, boxing, golf, hockey, and more. You will even find smaller markets like darts and cycling.
The bookie lists all these options on the left-hand side of the homepage in a scrollable list. Here are all of the sports that you can wager on:
- Aussie Rules
- Ice Hockey
- Rugby League
- Rugby Union
- Table Tennis
If you want to see the specific options for you, you will need to create an account. During this process, make sure to select the area you are located in.
The FanDuel online sportsbook offers several deposit methods in most jurisdictions. However, some states have fewer options.
Withdrawal options at FanDuel are on par with other sites across the US. Plus, transactions are quick and simple to do.
FanDuel offers the following online options for funding your account:
- Colorado: Online banking, credit/debit cards, PayNearMe, Play+, wire transfer, and PayPal
- New Jersey: Credit/debit cards, Play+, online banking, PayPal, PayNearMe, and wire transfer
- Indiana: Play+, online banking, credit/debit cards, wire transfer, PayPal, and PayNearMe
- Illinois: Credit/debit cards, wire transfer, online banking, PayPal, Play+, and PayNearMe
- Iowa: Debit cards, Play+, online banking, PayPal, PayNearMe, and wire transfer
- Pennsylvania: Wire transfer, Play+, PayPal, credit/debit cards, and online banking
- Michigan: Credit/debit cards, online banking, PayPal, and Play+
- Tennessee: PayPal, debit cards, and bank transfer
- West Virginia: Bank transfer and credit/debit cards
- Virginia: Play+, PayPal, credit/debit cards, and bank transfer
- Arizona: FanDuel gift cards, credit/debit cards, online banking, wire transfer, PayPal, Pay+, and PayNearMe
Cash at the Cage
FanDuel also offers the cash at the cage method for players who prefer in-person transactions. In eligible states, you can visit a retail location to deposit cash:
- Illinois: FanDuel Sportsbook & Horse Racing and Par-A-Dice Hotel Casino
- New Jersey: Meadowland Racetrack
- Iowa: Diamond Jo Worth and Diamond Jo Dubuque
- Indiana: Blue Chip Casino and Belterra Casino
- West Virginia: Greenbrier
- Michigan: MotorCity Casino
This sportsbook offers the following withdrawal options:
- Prepaid Card
- Online Banking
You may not have access to all of these methods. For example, PayNearMe is not available in every state.
How to Withdraw Money
To take out your FanDuel winnings:
1. Click on the sportsbook account icon at the top of the screen.
2. Select “Withdraw Funds.”
3. Enter how much money you want to take out and fill out any requested information.
4. Submit your FanDuel transaction request.
The FanDuel online sports betting platform keeps player funds in segregated accounts. This action helps keep your funds secure and available whenever you need them. Additionally, the bookie rewards you for reporting any software invulnerability encounter.
The FanDuel online sportsbook has a great customer support system. If you have any issues, first visit the FAQ section. Here, you will find answers to common sportsbook questions. Use the search bar or topic tabs to find what you are looking for quickly.
If this extensive help page does not solve your problem, contact FanDuel via live chat or email. The support team is available 24/7, so you get quick, professional answers.
What do I do if I have trouble registering on the FanDuel Sportsbook?
What steps you should take depend on the specific issue you encounter while signing up for a FanDuel account. If you have trouble with verification, try the following steps:
- Make sure the personal data you entered is correct.
- Try entering any previously held addresses in case records are not up-to-date.
- Input any variations of your name you use, such as Chris instead of Christopher.
- Add or remove your middle name.
Another problem you may encounter is duplicate accounts. If you receive this message from FanDuel, it means another account was created with your information in the past. Contact the support team to learn more information and fix the issue.
If issues persist, it is always best to reach out via live chat or email. Multiple failed attempts will only cause more problems — especially in New Jersey, where you will be blocked from FanDuel after two verification attempts.
What do I do if I have trouble depositing on the FanDuel Sportsbook?
If your deposit is declined, try the following:
- Make sure your payment information is correct.
- Do not use American Express unless through PayPal.
- Call your bank to see if they blocked the transaction.
If you are using a gift or prepaid card:
- Register it using the instructions on the back.
- Attempt depositing a little less than the total balance.
If none of these recommendations work, contact the bookie. The 24/7 live chat and email support are always there to help.
In which states can I bet on the FanDuel Sportsbook app?
You can place wagers on the FanDuel online sportsbook app from the following US states:
- New Jersey
- West Virginia
Can I withdraw from FanDuel Sportsbook after I leave the state?
You can make withdrawals from any US state. You can also fund your account from anywhere. However, you will not be able to place wagers from outside FanDuel’s jurisdictions.
Can I register at the FanDuel Sportsbook from another state?
FanDuel allows registration from any US state. The site allows deposits and withdrawals from outside its jurisdiction. However, you can only place sports bets within the states it services.
Is the FanDuel Sportsbook legal in Canada?
The FanDuel sportsbook is not legal in Canada. Canadians can access the company’s daily fantasy site, though. Additionally, the sportsbook has expressed interest in entering this market once the provinces legalize single-event betting.
DraftKings, BetMGM Among Six to Launches Online Sports Betting in Massachusetts
Barstool Sportsbook trips out the gate, but recovers. Meanwhile, FanDuel may have already run afoul of the state’s advertising rules.
Flutter Says No Decision Yet on Future of FOX Bet Brand
Flutter CEO Peter Jackson says company will decide future of FOX Bet “at the appropriate time” while giving a nod to Fox Corporation for how advertising played out during the Super Bowl.
Nine Days In, Maryland Mobile Sports Betting is Off to a Hot Start
FanDuel and DraftKings combined for nearly 86% of the new market. But operators’ deductions for promotions wiped out nearly all the tax revenue to the state.
Arbitrator’s Ruling in Flutter-Fox Saga May Bring End of FOX Bet
Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services (JAMS) rules that Fox Corp. has until August 2023 to acquire up to 50% of The Stars Group US, a Flutter subsidiary that includes PokerStars US.
FanDuel, DraftKings Spent $19.2M on CA Sports Betting Initiative This Month, Despite Poll
Survey by the Public Policy Institute of California (PPIC) suggests industry-backed initiative for California online sports betting is doomed, despite nearly $170 million spent to date in support.
Kansas Sports Betting Operators Start Registering Players
Two regulators, the Kansas Racing & Gaming Commission (KRGC) & the Kansas Lottery Commission (KLC), sent proposed rules to AG Derek Schmidt last week.
CT Online Casinos on Pace to Gross $210 Million in First Year
Data from the Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection (CDCP) suggest CT sports betting handle could total nearly $1.4 billion by year’s end.
New York Sports Betting Revenue, Handle Hit Record Lows in June
Even with June lows, the Empire State collected $302.2 million in tax revenue in just under six months. That’s more than either NJ or PA has collected since 2018.