Run by one of the biggest names in poker, Stars Casino is the online casino product of the international brand PokerStars and sister company to FOX Bet Sportsbook. With two decades of experience in the industry, the company brings its outstanding software to its casino platform. Stars Casino understands what customers want, so expect a variety of games, tournaments, bonuses, and a slick desktop and mobile interface.
As you would expect from such a reputable company, Stars Casino runs a fully legal and legitimate online casino. It is only available in states where online casino gambling is legal and where it is licensed to operate. It cooperates with the proper authorities and has all the proper licenses and regulations in place from the gaming control boards. The result is a platform that is 100% legal and safe to wager on.
This operator certainly ticks a lot of boxes, but you need to know more info before you can decide if this is the right casino for you. We know it can get confusing with so many options and variables, so, with that in mind, US Gaming Review has created this comprehensive Stars Casino Review to help. We will cover multiple aspects of the online casino experience in an honest review of all the pros and cons of the site, to help you to pick the best casino and start the fun as soon as possible.
Read on and find out about the games, bonuses, and rewards at Stars Casino and how you can make the most of these features and snag the best value when signing up.
Stars Casino welcomes all players with a nice bonus of $50 that requires very little effort to claim. The operator used to have a bigger deposit bonus in some states, but that offer is not currently available.
Stars Casino $50 Casino Bonus
The Stars Casino Welcome Bonus aims to welcome new players to the site with a nice boost to the bankroll. When you sign up for an account and bet $1 on any casino game, you receive $50 as an instant bonus. It is designed to help you explore the games and check out the site, risk-free.
The bonus cannot be withdrawn, but instead, you earn redemption points by playing the games, and that converts the funds into cash. You need 100 points to clear a $50 bonus.
Follow this guide to claim the casino instant bonus:
- Click this link or on the sign-up button on the right side of the page. Those links will take you straight to the Stars Casino site, where you can claim the bonus.
- From the site, click the ‘Join’ button to launch the registration form and register for an account.
- No codes are required to claim the reward.
- Once your account has been confirmed, you are ready to make a deposit. It does not affect your bonus, so add as much as you would like. Now, head to the promotions page to opt-in to the offer.
- The final step is to place a bet of at least $1 on a casino game. The bet triggers the bonus, which will now be available in a separate balance. Your next bet can be made with bonus funds.
To convert the instant casino bonus and slots bonus into cash, you need to meet these wagering requirements:
- You need to earn redemption points by playing casino games. For every $1 bonus, you need 5 redemption points to convert.
- The casino instant bonus expires after 28 days.
- You can surrender the bonus at any point, which turns your deposit back to cash minus losses, and your winnings are not converted.
The Stars Casino promotions are a way for the operator to give something extra to customers who play at the site regularly. They suit more than one player type, so if your main interest is slots or table games, there will be something for you. The offers change regularly, so check the page frequently to see what is available and make the most of these limited-time deals. To give you an idea of what to expect, here are some of the promotions at Stars Casino.
One for the casino classic fans, the blackjack insurance is available daily. It is a generous offer that gives players 50% back as a bonus from their net losses over five blackjack hands. Your first five hands each day qualify, and you can get back up to $25.
You need to opt-in before you place your blackjack bets. Also, the promotion only kicks in if you play all five hands. Wagers need to be real money and the bonus you receive can be converted to cash at a rate of 0.25 for every dollar.
The leaderboards at Stars Casino bring together all of the best elements of tournament play. There is some friendly competition, the thrill of climbing up the rankings, and significant prizes waiting at the end. All of that goes alongside your standard gameplay, which is how you participate, so you get to keep any other winnings on top of what your leaderboard prize might be.
Tournaments usually last for a month, often with weekly leaderboards as part of the bigger competition. To participate, you need to opt-in and place a real money bet on any of the eligible games. The tournament will set out which types of slots or casino games qualify. Wins earn you points, which help you climb the leaderboards.
The prize pool is shared among the top winners, often with thousands of dollars to be won. The top five get the biggest prizes, but some tournaments award any player in the top 200.
Daily and Weekly Bonuses
Stars Casino online casino promotions change throughout the months. However, there is always a daily bonus that you can opt in to receive. Any day that you opt-in and place a bet of at least $1 on a casino game, you will get a mystery chest. It contains prizes up to $500. They could be free spins, bonus credits, or a risk-free bet.
On top of that, there is a weekly competition on social media. If you answer the question and share the post on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram, you could be one of five players to win a $50 bonus. It happens every Tuesday, so you can keep trying your luck.
Where It Is Legal
- Stars Casino Michigan: Stars Casino launched in MI in January of 2021. Players in the state also have access to the PokerStars poker room and FoxBet sportsbook, which are all branches of the same company. The operator has partnered with the Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians, who run Odawa Casinos in Mackinaw and Petoskey. Stars Casino MI is licensed and regulated by the Michigan Gaming Control Board (MGCB).
- Stars Casino New Jersey: The longest-operating Stars Casino is the one in New Jersey, which launched in 2016. It came with an online poker room and was later joined by the sports betting side of the site. The land-based partner in NJ is Resorts Atlantic City and it is licensed and regulated through the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement.
- Stars Casino Pennsylvania: Stars Casino PA ln:210930-exclusive-first-look-pokerstars-casino-game-offerings:launched in November 2019}, at the same time as the poker room. The sportsbook had successfully launched two months earlier. All three aspects of the Stars Group operation are partnered with Mount Airy Casino in Mt. Pocono and operate under a license from the state regulator, the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
Sign Up Process
To get started reaping all the benefits of the Stars Casino bonuses and promotions, you will need an account. Plus, once you are set up, you will have access to the games, rewards, and mobile app.
Ready to sign up? This guide will take you painlessly through the process, allowing you to get straight to the entertainment.
- Follow this link or click the button on the right side of this review to head to the Stars Casino site.
- Click ‘Join’ to launch the registration page.
- Add the required personal information in each box. For the first step, you need to enter your email before you create a username and password.
- Click ‘Continue’ to proceed to the second step. Here, you need to enter your name, date of birth, mailing address, phone number, and the last four digits of your social security number to verify your identity.
- At this stage, you can choose to access your account through your mobile. You can download the Stars Casino app right here.
- Depending on which state you are in, decide which bonus you want and enter the promo code when depositing or opt-in after you deposit.
- Place your qualifying $1 bet, or if you have your bonus already, it is time to enjoy.
You are not required to be in one of the states where Stars Casino operates to register. You can browse the catalog, deposit, and withdraw from other US locations. When it comes to launching a game and placing a bet, you will need to be physically within the state borders of Pennsylvania, New Jersey, or Michigan. You will also need to be 21 or over to sign up for an account.
Your location helps determine which site you can use, but you do not need to be a resident of that state to be a customer. Geolocation technology is used to pinpoint your device location, so you need to give it access in order to use the real-money betting aspects of the casino.
Gaming Control Boards in the states where Stars Casino operates set rules for identity verification. Called the KYC or Know Your Customer process, it involves using your address, name, and social security number to confirm your identity and verify that your account details and payment methods correspond.
The Stars Casino Mobile App means you can carry hundreds of games with you on your phone or tablet. You get the same high-quality user experience, features, and capabilities as the desktop site, but optimized for mobile.
- Free-to-Play Games — There are two ways to play at Stars Casino — you can either choose the real-money games or you can try some for free before deciding if you want to play for cash.
- Game Categories — Use the menus to quickly move between popular and new games, or slots poker, blackjack, and roulette.
- Tournaments — Check the races section to participate in these fun competitions from your phone.
- Easy Touchscreen Controls — Most games require just one or two taps, and the action begins.
- Promotions — You get the same promotions as the desktop version, so be sure to check in to find your daily bonus.
- Payment Options — Deposits and withdrawals are straightforward and fast. You can easily access them both from your account on the app.
- Live Dealer — Access live stream games of games like roulette, blackjack, and baccarat and play in real-time with croupiers on the casino floor.
- Rewards — Collect points while you play and, once you fill the progress bar, open your rewards chest to see what you’ve won.
Where to Download
You can click this link or the sign-up button on the right side or at the top of this page to get started. It will launch the appropriate store for Android or iOS and download the app to your device.
Stars Casino online casino has a catalog jam-packed full of popular titles, different themes, and a wide variety of game types. The largest selection is the slots, with over 200 to choose from. However, if table games are your thing, you will not be disappointed by the options there either.
Stars Casino works with prestigious game studios like NetEnt to bring you the most popular titles. You can play Starburst, Jumanji, and Dark King Forbidden Riches.
If you like slots that give you many ways to win, then head straight to the dedicated Megaways section, where you will find a variety of titles with different themes, all with that same great feature.
The card and table games are divided into three different sections — multiplayer, roulette, and blackjack.
Live Dealer Games
These games allow you to play in real-time via a live stream from the casino floor. Experienced croupiers invite you to play roulette, baccarat, and blackjack in different variations.
Although they do not have their own category, there are several jackpot games at Stars Casino. You can spot them as they have a red banner showing the prize amount, with some like Divine Fortune giving you the chance to win more than $100,000.
The ones you can truly win big on are the progressive jackpot games, where the jackpot continues to grow with every bet placed on the game until a player finally hits the winning combination and takes home the whole jackpot.
This poker section is in with the card games, so it is a mix of casino and video poker. Experience titles like Jacks or Better and Deuces Wild.
Players at Stars Casino get rewarded for their activity. It works through the PokerStars rewards program, which operates homogeneously across the online casino, sportsbook, and poker room, giving you more opportunities to earn. The more you play, the more access you will have to tailored prizes just for you.
When you play games, you earn points. You can keep track of them in the progress bar, which is visible in your account. It shows how many points you currently have, as well as how many points you need to earn before you can open your next chest. It also shows your chest level — if you win one chest in 28 days, you stay at the same level, but if you win ten, then you move up a level.
Chests are how you receive rewards. You collect and then open them to see what prizes you have won. There are six levels — you start at the blue level and then proceed to bronze, silver, gold, diamond, and lastly, black.
The higher the level of the chest, the higher the value of the prizes inside, but it can vary each time you open one. They usually contain free play credits and StarsCoin tailored to the parts of the site that you enjoy.
StarsCoin is the currency of the site. You receive it in your chests and can accumulate it in a separate reward balance. Once you have earned enough StarsCoin, you can head to the rewards store to exchange it for bonuses or cash. It can also be used for *tickets in the poker roo*m.
You can head here to spend your StarsCoin. You can exchange them for cash or bonuses. Alternatively, there is physical merchandise available, often poker-themed. You can buy poker chips, gadgets, and clothing.
Stars Casino has several options for payment methods, so it is likely that you will find something convenient for you. The deposit and withdrawal options available can vary depending on your location.
You can fund your Stars Casino account with one of the following:
- Play+ card
- Bank transfer
- Cash at the casino cage
If your preferred method has the fast deposit logo next to it, you can set it up to enable fast deposits. It means that you can quickly add funds to your account, even while in the middle of a game. The pop-up screen allows you to quickly enter and confirm the transaction and get straight back to playing.
For withdrawals, you should choose an option that you have previously used to make a deposit. The withdrawal options are:
- Play+ card
- Bank transfer
- Cash at the casino cage
How to Withdraw Money
To make a withdrawal from Stars Casino:
- Visit your account and click on the cashier.
- Select “Withdraw” and enter the amount.
- Choose your preferred method, check the details, and confirm
If you need help or support, Stars Casino is there for you. Your first stop should be the help center, which has information about payments, your account, offers, rewards, how to play, and responsible gaming. Use the search function or the categories to get instructional videos and step-by-step guides.
Alternatively, if you are signed in to your account, you can use live chat or the contact form to speak to a customer service representative. Live chat is usually available within a few minutes, whereas email responses can take a few hours.
What do I do if I have trouble registering at Stars Casino?
If you have trouble signing up for an account at Stars Casino, you can visit the help center account section for advice. You can use one account to access all the sites within the Stars Group and you cannot have more than one account, so it will block you if you try to make another account when you already have one. If you have an issue with identity verification, check the guides in the help center and contact customer support for more information.
What do I do if I have trouble depositing at Stars Casino?
You can find information about deposit issues in the Stars Casino help center. Simple things to check are whether you have entered the correct information, if your chosen method is accepted, if you have sufficient funds in the account you are trying to fund your casino account with, and if you have met the minimum deposit requirement.
If you continue to have issues, check your account status. Your next step is to speak to customer support to investigate. You may also want to contact your payment provider, particularly if using a debit or credit card as some providers flag transactions on online gambling sites.
In which states can I bet on the Stars Casino app?
Can I withdraw from Stars Casino after I leave the state?
Yes, you can make a withdrawal from another state. However, you cannot bet while in a state where online gambling is illegal or where Stars Casino does not operate.
Can I register at Stars Casino from another state?
Yes. You can create a Stars Casino account from another state, and you do not have to be a resident of that state to access the site. You will not be able to place a bet unless you are physically in one of the states where Stars Casino legally operates.
Is Stars Casino legal in Canada?
Yes. PokerStars is an international operator. A different version of the PokerStars Casino site is available in Canada. It shares some similarities with the US casino but might have different games, procedures, and bonuses.