One of the leading global online gaming companies, Australian-owned PointsBet has been rapidly growing its US footprint, offering its sports betting platform — which includes its signature PointsBetting system — in a number of states.
While the operator has made a name for itself with its sportsbook, PointsBet is certainly not a one-trick pony and has also been expanding into the casino market as well. PointsBet Casino has recently launched in several states and the operator is looking to bring its online casino product into even more markets in the near future.
PointsBet is licensed and operating in 10 states — New Jersey, Iowa, Indiana, Illinois, Colorado, Michigan, West Virginia, Virginia, and most recently New York and Pennsylvania. In each state, its license from the local gaming regulators ensures it offers the highest degree of service and provides a completely safe and fair gaming environment.
Being new to the market, PointsBet Casino does not yet offer the kind of comprehensive games portfolio that some of its competitors have. However, it does provide generous welcome bonuses for all casino players and sports bettors, along with plenty more promotions and features that both casino and sports fans will enjoy.
Whether you are unfamiliar with PointsBet or just want to learn more about this operator and why it is already shaping up to be one of the top casino sites in the US, then you have come to the right place. In this USGR Guide to PointsBet Casino & Sportsbook, written by our team of industry experts, we will cover:
- All the details of the PointsBet Casino Welcome Bonus and step-by-step instructions on how to sign up and get the best deal.
- A comprehensive guide to all the PointsBet promotions and how to get the most value out of the site.
- Which states it is legal to play PointsBet in.
- Step-by-step instructions on how to sign up for PointsBet Casino and get the best welcome bonus.
- An in-depth review of the PointsBet mobile app and software and how to download and start playing.
- What games you can expect to find at PointsBet Casino.
- How the PointsBet Sportsbook Rewards program works and how to get free bets just by wagering on your favorite teams.
- What banking methods are available for depositing and cashing out your winnings.
- PointsBet’s customer support info so you can get help if you need it.
- An all-encompassing FAQ … and much much more.
PointsBet Welcome Bonus
Playing at PointsBet comes with a number of perks, the PointsBet Casino Welcome Bonus definitely being one of them. All new players who sign up with the site can claim this lucrative offer. Simply register for an account, use our bonus code
MIREVIEW and the welcome bonus will be yours to grab. Better yet, if you use our exclusive sign up link, you will be taken directly to the registration page with the promo code automatically applied.
PointsBet Casino $800 Welcome Bonus
New players joining PointsBet Casino have an opportunity to benefit from a very generous welcome offer, which they must opt-in for first. This unique bonus offer differs from your standard run-of-the-mill sign-up package, instead, it offers 72 hours of risk-free play, at the end of which, it will double your losses and return them to you in free credits. The bonus is worth up to $800 and covers all losses incurred by the player within the first 72 hours of play on the site.
Playing slots or casino table games at PointsBet Casino is pretty much a no-lose scenario. Either you win or you lose, in which case you get double the amount lost back, which might be even better than a win! All losses, up to $400, are matched by the operator not just in full, but by 200%. This means that if you lose $400 in real cash, you will receive $800 in free spins to try your luck once again.
While wagering requirements do apply to the free spins and you will have to play them on slots, there is a very solid chance of getting your losses back and even making a profit on them with the doubled up bonus money. This makes signing up with PointsBet Casino a great idea for any casino players looking to get some action in the near future.
How to Claim the PointsBet Casino $800 Bonus
- Follow this link to get redirected to PointsBet Casino website
- Sign up for a player account
- Make sure to use the bonus code
- Go to the cashier and make your first deposit
- Play with real cash and receive a refund if you lose within the first 72 hours
As you can expect from an operator of PointsBet’s stature, on top of the welcome bonus, there are plenty of great promotions for sports bettors and casino players to take advantage of. These promotions are available to new and existing players alike and they can benefit you whether you enjoy playing casino games, betting on sports, or both!
Here are a few examples of promos waiting at the PointsBet Casino:
Platinum & Diamond Club
Being loyal to PointsBet Casino truly pays off, as frequent players are invited to join the operator’s exclusive Platinum and Diamond Clubs. With membership to these clubs, you will receive deposit top-ups, participation in exclusive events, free bets and gifts on your birthday, special support, referral bonuses, and more.
It is important to keep in mind that you cannot simply opt into or earn a Platinum or Diamond Club membership accumulating some number of loyalty points like you can at other casinos. Instead, these exclusive Clubs are by invitation only. The only way to get in is to be invited by the operator, which means that the Clubs are reserved for the most loyal players and the high-rollers who earn true VIP status and all the perks that go along with it.
Where is PointsBet Legal?
PointsBet Casino is currently legal and operational in the following states:
- Michigan: PointsBet Sports was one of the first operators to launch in the state of Michigan when the market first opened in January 2021. PointsBet Casino MI soon followed, going live in the Mitten State in May 2021, joining a market that’s becoming more and more saturated with competition. Michigan players can be assured that both sites are 100% safe, secure, and fair to play on, as the operator follows all regulatory requirements of its license, issued by the Michigan Gaming Control Board (MGCB).
- New Jersey: Like Michigan, PointsBet Casino is a newer addition, launching in July 2021, building off its existing online sports betting product, which has been operating in the Garden State since January 2019. PointsBet Casino & Sportsbook NJ are licensed and regulated by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement (NJDGE), which ensures that the operator adheres to all the state regulations.
- West Virginia: Following successful launches of PointsBet Casino in MI and NJ, West Virginia was the third state in which the operator launched its casino product. Licensed and regulated by the West Virginia Lottery, PointsBet WV launched in January 2022. The operator offers a reduced games portfolio compared to what it offers in the other states, but is likely to expand on it in the coming months.
- Pennsylvania (coming soon): PointsBet entered the Pennsylvania gaming market in early 2022, obtaining its license for both online sports betting and iGaming in January from the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (PGCB) and then launching its PointsBet PA Sportsbook in early February. While it has not yet launched its PA online casino just yet, it should be going live within the next few weeks. From what we know, we expect that PointsBet Casino PA will be very similar in all elements to the other versions of the casino currently in operation.
- Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, New York, Virginia: Currently, PointsBet only offers its sports betting product in these six states, but there is a possibility that they will also get the casino product at some point in the future as more states legalize online casino gambling.
How to Create Your PointsBet Casino Account and Get Your Welcome Bonus
- Use our Exclusive Link: To start your registration process, follow our exclusive PointsBet Casino link to get to the site. The link will take you straight to the registration page as well as automatically apply the promo code.
- Register for an Account: You must create a casino account to play for real money. Fill out the registration form with your full details and make sure to provide all the correct information.
- Verify Your Identity: Next, you must verify your identity. This step helps safeguard you and the casino by preventing underage gambling as well as protecting you from fraud and identity theft. You must verify that you are a real person and are who you say you are by providing your partial SSN and verifying your phone number and email account.
- Confirm Your Account: Once all your information has been processed, the operator will inform you that your account registration has been completed. If there are issues with account registration, contact customer support to clear them up.
- Final Steps: Before you make your first deposit, make sure you understand how everything works. You will have to confirm your identity with documents before you can cash out, so only play if you have created a 100% legitimate account in your own legal name.
- Opt-In for the Bonus: Now is the time to opt-in for your welcome bonus offer before you make your first deposit. Visit the 'Promotions’ page and sign up for the casino welcome bonus.
- Make Your First Deposit: Now that your bonus offer is activated, choose a deposit method that is convenient for you and that you are comfortable using and proceed to make your first deposit with the operator. Use your real money balance to play and, at the end of 72 hours, you will receive a refund of up to $800 of double your losses.
PointsBet Casino Registration Requirements
In order to play real money casino games at PointsBet Casino, you will need to be at least 21 years old. If you try setting up an account for a younger person, you will not be allowed to. On the other hand, if you lie about your age, you will not be able to withdraw any potential winnings you make with the casino. Furthermore, you could be at risk of legal troubles as underage or fraudulent gambling is illegal.
The full registration process can be completed quickly and easily from your mobile device or computer. You can register and create an account from anywhere, but you must be physically present in one of the states in which PointsBet Casino is licensed in order to be able to participate in real money gambling. Geolocation software will be required to confirm your location while you play. Trying to gamble so from any other jurisdiction will not work, as the geolocation software will block your access.
The registration process requires a fair amount of personal and financial information, including your partial social security number, phone number, address, and more. Rest easy knowing that all your data is heavily protected by the operator, and the terms of its license guarantee it will not be shared with any third persons for any purpose. As PointsBet is a fully legal and regulated US gambling site, you can feel confident that it is 100% safe, secure, and trustworthy.
PointsBet Mobile App
The PointsBet Casino mobile app is 100% compatible with and optimized for mobile devices. Whether your phone or tablet is powered by Android or iOS, there is a dedicated “PointsBet mobile app that you can download” and game on the go Alternatively, you can play in your device’s mobile browser.
PointsBet Mobile App Features
Here are some of the great features you can expect when playing on the PointsBet Casino mobile app:
- All the Casino Games: The mobile app offers access to the PointsBet’s full portfolio of casino games. The full suite of games are available to mobile players, including slots, table games, live dealer games, and more.
- Bonus & Promotions: Both the welcome bonus and all existing player promotions can be used in full by casino players on the PointsBet app.
- Bet on Sports: PointsBet is also one of the top sports betting sites in the US and you can also access the sportsbook on the same mobile platform using the same account as you use for casino games.
- Rewards Program: Full access to the operator’s loyalty program is available through the mobile app that desktop players have access to.
How to Download the PointsBet Casino App
Downloading the PointsBet Casino mobile app is very simple. Follow our exclusive links to the operator’s website from your mobile device and you will automatically be prompted to download the appropriate version of the mobile app for your device.
PointsBet Online Casino Games
PointsBet Casino is a fairly new addition to the US gaming market, which is why the number of games in its portfolio is still somewhat limited at the moment, but is sure to continue to grow over the coming weeks and months. The total number of games also depends on which state you are playing from, as some states currently offer more games than others. Whichever jurisdiction you are playing from, you will have access to a solid variety of games including:
As is the norm at most online casinos, PointsBet Casino offers a bigger selection of video slots than any other game. Several dozen slot games are available in states like Michigan, while a smaller portfolio of slots can be accessed from West Virginia.
The operator primarily features games from industry giants IGT and NetEnt with some additions from other, smaller game providers. Some very popular casino games such as Dazzle Me and Cleopatra are available to players, along with a number of exciting new slot titles that players will find interesting to delve into.
Along with slots, a variety of virtual casino table games are also available at PointsBet Casino. These include several versions of blackjack, roulette, and baccarat, as well as a handful of classic video poker machines for the most nostalgic of players.
While there are some table games available, there is not as much variety or as wide of a selection as we would like to see. PointsBet Casino could definitely improve on this aspect with the addition of various casino poker games, craps, and more. As the casino is still quite young and growing, we hope to see these games be added in the coming months.
Live Dealer Games
Live casino is all the rage in the iGaming world right now, and PointsBet Casino delivers, with several excellent live dealer games to choose from. The selection features live dealer blackjack, baccarat, and roulette, all powered by the industry leader in live casino games, Evolution. While the basics are certainly covered, the variety could definitely be expanded and we sure hope to see more live dealer games join this casino’s selection.
Casino players at PointsBet Casino are not directly included in the operator’s rewards program at this time, although you can certainly reap the benefits of it if you also bet on sports. The current rewards program is primarily focused on sports betting, which makes sense as that has been the operator’s main offering up until recently. As the PointsBet Casino continues to grow, we hope that the rewards program also reflects these changes and includes casino players in a more significant way.
Currently, PointsBet loyalty points can only be acquired by wagering on sports. Sports bettors can earn loyalty points at a rate of:
- 1 Point for every $5 wagered on fixed odds bets
- 1 Point for every $1 wagered on parlay bets
- 1 Point for every $1 won or lost on points bets
These loyalty points can be exchanged for free bets, with 250 loyalty points earning you a free $2.50 bet, 1,000 loyalty points required for a $10 free bet, so on and so forth.
Banking at PointsBet
As previously mentioned, PointsBet Casino is both a very safe and reliable casino operator, which also includes offering players safe and secure banking options. Players can make deposits and withdrawals using a range of popular payment methods and can receive their cashouts in a very reasonable timeframe.
Deposits with PointsBet can be made via the following payment methods:
- Online Banking
Players can cash out their PointsBet winnings via the following payment options:
- Wire Transfer
How to Withdraw Money
If you are looking to request a withdrawal from the PointsBet Casino, follow these simple steps:
- Visit your cashier and click the “withdraw” button
- Select the payment method you wish to use
- Enter the amount of cash you wish to withdraw
- Submit your request and wait for your cashout to arrive
Safe and Secure Banking
If you are worried about the security of your banking transactions with PointsBet Casino, we can assure you that the operator uses all the most thorough hi-tech security measures to ensure every deposit and cashout is processed 100% securely and in accordance with all the safety standards and procedures.
PointsBet Customer Support
Should you run into any issues or require assistance while playing at PointsBet Casino or placing wagers at the sportsbook, there are several convenient ways to get assistance. First of all, the operator offers an extensive FAQ section, where you can find the answers to all the most common questions players have about the site. Most common issues can be resolved by finding an answer in the help section, so you may not need to contact customer support at all.
If you don’t find the answer to your questions or still need more help, you can contact customer support via live chat or email. Live chat support is available during regular business hours.
The operator offers a fast response time and provides quality support via both methods, with highly trained professionals there to answer any questions you may have about your account, banking, the games the operator offers, promotions, or help with any other issues you may have.
What if I have a problem registering with PointsBet Casino?
In most cases, registering with PointsBet Casino should be a quick and easy process, but occasionally issues may come up, such as missing or incorrectly-entered information.You will need to fill out your registration form in full with your correct information and will need to meet all the legal requirements, such as being of legal gambling age. If you are still having problems registering after you have double-checked all your information and made sure it is all entered correctly, you can contact PointsBet Casino customer support and they will help you get registered.
What should I do if I have trouble making a deposit or cashing out from PointsBet Casino?
If you are having problems depositing money into your PointsBet Casino account, check that your account you are trying to use to fund your account has sufficient funds available. Another common issue is your bank refusing to process gambling transactions, which can be the case with some US banks.
If the issue is neither of those and there is still a problem with your payment, you can try using PayPal, as there tend to be less issues when using an eWallet as the middleman in the transaction. You can also contact the operator’s customer support and ask for help processing your deposit and they will help you sort out whatever the issue is.
In which states is PointsBet Casino available?
At this time, PointsBet Casino is available in:
PointsBet also has an iGaming operator license in Pennsylvania and should be launching its casino there soon.
Do I have to be within the state to cash out my winnings?
No! While you must be physically located in the state in which you are registered in order to play, this is not the case for banking. You can make a deposit or request a cashout from your PointsBet Casino account at any time, from anywhere, as long as you did not break any terms of service while playing. Your payment will be processed regardless of your geolocation.
Can I sign up with PointsBet Casino from any state?
Yes! You can create a PointsBet account from anywhere but you will have to be located in one of the states in which the casino is licensed to operate in order to participate in real money gambling.
Is PointsBet Casino legal in Canada?
Legal, regulated online casinos, sportsbooks, and online poker sites are set to go live in Canada’s biggest province on April 4, 2022. PointsBet has already announced that it has received its Ontario iGaming license from the provincial regulators, so its casino and sportsbook should become available to Ontario players after April 4. Check back here or on our sister site Canada Gaming Review for further updates as more information becomes available.
Shareholders in the Australia-based company will receive up to $296.9 million across two payments, the first of which is scheduled for mid-September.
A former Disney executive said the company made a smart move by partnering with Penn, especially if it’s planning a spinoff of ESPN.
PointsBet still wants its shareholders to accept Fanatics’ $150 million offer, but they are also considering DraftKings’ $195 million bid, which was made Friday.
Now comes the hard part for Fanatics: Leveraging its sports apparel and collectibles business to get US sports bettors’ wagers.
The Australia-based company confirmed “well advanced” talks to sell some or all of its business in North America. PointsBet is holding separate negotiations to sell its business Down Under, too.
Strong start to 2022 with revenue from online, mobile sports betting in IA totaling $12 million. New sportsbook DRF Sports launches but loses money in its opening month.
January was second-highest month for IN sports betting revenue at $35.6 million. Queen of Terre Haute Casino Resort also moving forward.
New regulator says 30 online gambling operators have already submitted applications ahead of April 4 launch; PokerStars, BetMGM, and WSOP reportedly all making plans.