When it first launched in Nevada in 2013, WSOP.com was a true pioneer of the legal online poker industry in the US. Technically speaking, it was not the first site to do so, but in many ways it set the standards for the regulated online poker industry in the country.
Over the years, WSOP.com spread across the states that adopted laws to regulate online poker, including Nevada, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Michigan (as of late March, 2022).
In 2015, WSOP.com hosted the first ever online WSOP event with a gold bracelet, an exciting step forward for the WSOP brand.
All online skins of the WSOP.com are owned and operated by Caesars Entertainment, the world famous gaming giant whose name speaks volumes as to the quality of service you can expect to receive.
Not only does WSOP.com run some of the biggest and most lucrative poker tournaments in the country, but it is also the only site at which players from multiple states can play together. As of 2018, WSOP.com players from New Jersey, Nevada, and Delaware (888 poker sites) can play in the same joint player pool, allowing for bigger tournaments, more traffic at the cash game tables, and an overall better experience.
We take a look at the WSOP desktop and mobile platforms, the quality of poker games offered by the operator, bonuses and promotions you can expect to receive, as well as the customer service and banking departments of the operator in this extensive WSOP.com poker review.
WSOP.com welcomes all its new players with a lucrative welcome bonus offer made up of $50 in FREEPLAY for all registered customers, a deposit match bonus worth up to $1,000, and freeroll tournament tickets.
The bonus is one of the most valuable offers for online poker players in the US, with over $1,000 in pure value. The first part of the bonus, worth $50, is available to all players who sign up with WSOP.com, allowing them to try out the platform and enjoy real money games without taking any risks.
WSOP.com $1,000 Deposit Match Bonus
The majority of the value provided for new players at WSOP.com comes from the 100% deposit match bonus worth up to $1,000. In order to receive this bonus, players must make their first deposit with the operator. No promo code is needed to activate the bonus offer, which is automatically issued to every new depositor.
Once you have made your first deposit, WSOP.com will issue the bonus worth the full amount of that deposit, up to $1,000. However, as with most poker bonuses, this bonus is released over time as you accumulate loyalty points.
The WSOP.com welcome bonus is released in $5 batches, with one batch released every time you accumulate 50 Action Player Points (APPs). You will have a total of 90 days to release as much of your bonus as you can, with a total of 10,000 APPs needed to release the bonus in full.
Finally, all new depositors at WSOP.com are also eligible for seven freerolls, to be used during the first seven days at the site. A $100 freeroll tournament is available every day of the week, but your tickets will only be good for a week, meaning you will need to play them all to get the full value out of this part of your welcome bonus package.
How to Claim Your Welcome Bonus
- Create your WSOP.com account
- Claim your $50 FREEPLAY
- Make the first deposit & claim your bonus
- Accumulate 50 APPs for every $5 of bonus cash
As you probably expected, the welcome bonus offer is not the only special offer you can lay claim to at WSOP.com. Instead, a number of other promotional offers can also be claimed, including a variety of reload bonuses, special tournaments, tournament tickets, and more. Here are a few of the most interesting promotional offers available at WSOP.com.
The Sunday tournament schedule at WSOP.com brings special excitement for all tournament poker players. Each week, the operator throws the $100k Sunday, a $320 buyin tournament with an amazing $100,000 guaranteed prize pool.
Apart from the $100k tournament, other Sunday tournaments include the $8k, $10k, and $30k Weekly Sunday tournaments, all repeating each weekend. Once a month, WSOP.com also organizes a $50k Monthly Sunday highroller with a higher buyin.
100% Reload Bonus
WSOP.com often rewards its existing players with reload bonuses, usually worth up to $250. In order to activate a reload bonus, a player must make a new deposit into their WSOP.com account and use the appropriate promo code. Once the bonus is activated, it will be cleared in increments of $10 for each 100 APPs you accumulate at the tables.
Player of the Year
Each year, WSOP.com throws its Player of the Year promotion, with the most productive player for the year earning the lucrative title, $10,000 in cash, $1,500 in tournament tickets, and an exclusive WSOP.com POY Gold Ring.
The Player of the Year promotion is exclusive for tournament players, with all scheduled tournaments on the site awarding POY points based on buyin, field size, and your final standing in the tournament. This provides tournament players with some extra incentive to compete all year long.
The loyalty program at WSOP.com uses a system of Action Player Points (APPs) to award players for their time at the tables. Every $1 paid in rake at the cash game tables or in tournaments earns you 2 APPs, which are then converted into WSOP Points based on your VIP levels.
The VIP levels at WSOP.com are:
|APPs Earned||VIP Level||WSOP Points Multiplier||Rakeback|
|200 in a month||Bronze||4x||8%|
|575 in a month||Silver||10x||20%|
|1500 in a month||Elite||12.5x||25%|
|20,000 in a year||Champions Club||16x||32%|
All WSOP Points you accumulate in your account can be exchanged for real cash at a rate of 100 WSOP Points for $1 in cash. The more Points you get, the more cash you can receive for your efforts. The yearly Champions Club level will last you a full year and will allow you to receive the full 32% rakeback without having to chase after VIP levels each month of the year, making it the best value and the highest reward for the most loyal players.
Where is WSOP.com Poker Legal?
- Delaware: WSOP.com is not active in Delaware under this brand, but it does share liquidity with all three of the state’s online poker sites, which are operated by 888 Gaming. Delaware was the first of the states to license some of the poker rooms within the WSOP network.
- Nevada: Nevada was the first state to launch an actual WSOP.com poker site, and this remains the state’s only real online poker operator. With a virtual monopoly on online poker in the country’s biggest gambling state, WSOP.com is extremely successful in Nevada.
- New Jersey: NJ is one of the most prominent states when it comes to online poker. In NJ, WSOP.com is partnered with Caesars Entertainment, and it uses an 888poker software to offer premium online poker experience to the players. WSOP.com NJ shares liquidity with the Delaware sites and the Nevada WSOP poker site.
- Pennsylvania: Pennsylvania was one of the states that only introduced WSOP.com poker in 2021, but with great success. Today, WSOP.com is one of the leading poker sites in the state.
- Michigan: After some delays, WSOP.com finally went live in Michigan in March 2022. The operator went live with the biggest welcome offer in the state, announcing gold ring events right out the door, with WSOP bracelet tournaments likely to come in the future.
How to Join WSOP.com
- Follow the Exclusive Link: Use our WSOP.com link to go straight to the operator’s website for your state. Once there, you will be able to create your user account.
- Fill Out the Registration Form: Now it’s time to fill out the registration form with your personal information. Make sure to provide all the real data so you can confirm it later on.
- Identify Yourself: The registration process will ask some fairly personal questions, such as your phone number, your address, and your partial SSN. Fear not, as WSOP.com will not disclose this information to anyone or use it for any purposes other than confirming your identity in accordance with their legal obligation.
- Verify Your Identity: The operator will ask you to provide some documents and verify your identity as the owner of the account. You will have to do this in order to be able to cash out from your balance.
- Download the App: If you want to play poker on your mobile phone or tablet, you will need to download the appropriate app. WSOP.com apps are available for both iOS and Android devices through links available on the operator’s website.
- Make Your Deposit: You are not good to go! Make your first real money deposit in order to activate your welcome bonus and start your online poker adventure with WSOP.com.
Registration with WSOP.com is available to all Americans or visitors who are over the age of 21 and have a residence in the US. You will be able to sign up for an account from any state or even from abroad, but will need to be physically present in one of the states where the operator is licensed in order to participate in real money poker games.
The entire registration process for WSOP.com is completed online, without the need to confirm your registration at a live venue. This is the common process for most online poker sites in the US, while some bookmakers require a manual registration at the casinos.
To play real money games at WSOP.com, you will have to confirm your geolocation by downloading a special app to your device which will tell the operator where you are playing from. You will only be able to play while you are within the borders of the particular states in which the operator is licensed to provide real money poker.
WSOP.com does require a lot of personal information during the registration process, which is required of them by law. However, you can be sure that all your personal info, including your SSN, will be kept 100% private and safe by the operator, and the registration forms themselves are protected by SSL certificate encryptions which ensure that no third party gets a hold of them.
The WSOP.com mobile app is available for both iOS and Android users and can be downloaded from the operator’s website only. The app itself was created by 888poker and it is one of the finest pieces of online poker software you can find these days. The app both looks good and is easy to use, making it one of the top in the industry.
These are some of the top features you should look out for at WSOP.com:
- BLAST Poker: BLAST Poker games allow four players to compete for potentially massive prize pools for tiny buyins. If you like to gamble it up and don’t mind the variance, BLAST Poker is ideal for you.
- Quick Seat: Want to get into a game really fast? Choose your game and stakes in the Quick Seat window and get seated at an appropriate table without having to look for one yourself.
- Filters: The WSOP.com software offers numerous game filters in the main lobby, allowing you to sort out the games you are looking for and quickly jump into the action of your choice.
- Promotions: WSOP.com provides probably the biggest selection of promotional offers of all the US poker sites. A variety of tournaments, leaderboards, reload bonuses, and much more awaits WSOP players across the country.
Where to Download the WSOP.com Mobile Poker App
The WSOP.com mobile apps for Android and iOS powered devices can be downloaded through links provided at the operator’s website, with the entire installation taking only a few minutes.
Of all the online poker operators legally operating in the US, WSOP.com has some of the most exciting poker games around. Not only does the operator offer a variety of cash game and tournament tables each day, but also online WSOP and WSOPC events where golden bracelets and rings can be won, and much more.
The WSOP brand is famous for its poker tournaments, namely the World Series of Poker events held in Las Vegas every year. WSOP.com has brought this same trend to the online poker players, with some of the best online poker tournaments in the US happening on the platform.
Every day, the operator offers a large selection of tournaments, with buyins ranging from complete freerolls to hundreds of dollars. Special Sunday tournaments with large prize pools are available every week, but that’s not all either.
WSOP.com throws regular online poker series, including the WSOP Online, where players can win actual WSOP gold bracelets from the comfort of their homes. As the brand continues to expand through the US, it is quickly becoming the place to go to play online poker tournaments across the country.
Poker tournaments are not the only games offered at WSOP.com, as a variety of cash game tables are open around the clock. Poker games offered at the cash game tables include No Limit Hold’em, Pot Limit Omaha, Pot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo, Limit Stud, and more.
You will find the most liquidity at the NLH tables, as expected, as the vast majority of American poker players are fans of this game. The action starts with buyins of just $2 and blinds set at $0.01/0.02, and goes all the way up to $100/200 and $20,000 buyins.
Another fairly popular game at WSOP.com is Pot Limit Omaha, with action available all the way up to $25/50, although higher stakes action can be hard to come by at both NLH and PLO. Games other than these two are rarely frequented by players, with only sporadic action found at some hours of the day.
All banking transactions at WSOP.com can be done through several popular banking methods in the states where the operator is licensed. Players can even make deposits live at the WSOP.com partner casinos, so the selection of deposit and cashout methods is never too thin.
You can make a deposit into your WSOP.com account using the following payment methods:
- E-check ACH
- Credit and Debit Cards
- Play+ Cards
Cash at Cage
WSOP.com players can make deposits into their online balances at the operator’s partner casinos in every state in which they are licensed for real money poker.
The following payment methods can be used to cash out your winnings from WSOP.com:
- E-check ACH
- Cash at Cage
- Play+ Cards
How to Withdraw Money
You can cash out your winnings from WSOP.com following these steps:
- Enter the “cashier” section and select withdraw
- Choose the payment method you want to use
- Enter the desired withdrawal amount
- Submit your cashout request and wait for it to be processed
The customer support at WSOP.com is not as good as one might expect it to be, as you can only contact the operator through a contact form available on the website. The support also takes quite a bit of time to reply to inquiries on most occasions, which is another drawback of the entire customer support situation.
That said, this operator does care about its players deeply, they simply seem to lack the infrastructure to deal with support requests in a faster and more meaningful manner. The support department may well be the weakest link of a generally excellent online poker provider.
What if I cannot register with WSOP.com?
There are several things that can go wrong during your WSOP.com registration. You will need to verify all your personal details, so make sure you enter all the real information and never lie about any data.
If you are still having issues with your registration, check if you already have an account registered to your email address or phone number you provided. In some cases, you may simply need to come back later if the issue you are experiencing is one of a technical nature.
What should I do if I cannot deposit money into my WSOP.com account?
Making a deposit into your WSOP.com balance should be fairly simple, although there can be some glitches at times. Despite the operator being fully legal in some states, some banks may still refuse to process your deposit if you are making one from your credit or debit card.
In other cases, patience may be all you need, as some transactions can get stuck in a pending period when you use some payment method, so make sure to give it some time or call up your bank in case your deposit is not processed immediately.
Which states is WSOP.com licensed in?
You can play at WSOP.com in the following states:
- New Jersey
Can I register for WSOP.com from abroad?
Yes! Players can access the WSOP.com website and create their accounts from anywhere in the world, but will need to be physically present in one of the states where WSOP is licensed for real money poker in order to enter real money action.
Is WSOP.com legal in Canada?
WSOP.com is set to go live in Canada on April 4, 2022, with a license for the province of Ontario to begin with.