The World Series of Poker (WSOP) organizers are offering players in the US chances to win a WSOP 2024 Main Event seat this January.
It is the first wave of promotions from the WSOP ahead of the live series that kicks off in Vegas May 28 to July 17.
International players as yet have not had any opportunity to win a seat to the WSOP Main Event for a fraction of the usual $10,000 sticker price.
The current promotion from the WSOP 2024 is open to new and existing players who place a real-money deposit now until January 29 using the code
Players will then be entered into a freeroll that will take place at the end of the month, on January 31, with the winner receiving $10,000 in tournament tokens that can be used for a WSOP Main Event seat, or other lower buy-in gold bracelet events.
The promotion is running until January 29 in the states of:
- New Jersey
To enter the freeroll, the steps to follow couldn’t be easier.
- Players must log into their WSOP account (or register for one if not already a member).
- Use the special promo code
EVENT24during the deposit process.
- The Main Event freeroll ticket will be added to the player’s account.
- Players must register for the freeroll to secure participation.
- Participants must make a qualifying deposit no later than January 29, and the freeroll is scheduled for January 31 at 8 pm ET (5 pm PT).
Most details for the upcoming WSOP have yet to be released, but we do know that the Main Event will run July 3 to July 17. PokerGO live streams of Main Event action is also expected for 2024.
The 2024 WSOP has big shoes to follow. Why?
Well, the 2023 World Series of Poker was the biggest in history in terms of turnout and prize pool. Over $425 million was paid out, plus over 250K players joined the action via online and live events.
The Main Event smashed all records, going into the history books as the biggest Main Event ever. Event organizers will no doubt want to smash this record for 2024.
- WSOP 2023 Main Event generated over $93 million in prizes.
- The overall prize money for WSOP 2023 surpassed $425 million.
- WSOP 2023 welcomed over 250,000 entrants across 95 live events and 20 online events.
- Online bracelet events generated $17 million in prize money and attracted over 29,000 participants.
The full WSOP 2024 schedule is expected to be released by next month. We do know that the Mystery Millions, Millionaire Marker and Seniors Championship will all return for 2024 along with the Main Event.